Slow download speeds after upgrading to .6

Okay, first off lets push the sliders all the way to 100% and then test the download throughput.  At 70% you are obviously getting much less, but let's remove that as a possible contributor.

You have 'TURBO' mode ticked, but I don't know that you need it.  I believe this new update comes with "standard" speed capability within the speeds you are paying for, so after moving sliders to 100% and testing, let's try unticking TURBO and giving it another test.

Okay, first off lets push the sliders all the way to 100% and then test the download throughput.  At 70% you are obviously getting much less, but let's remove that as a possible contributor.

You have 'TURBO' mode ticked, but I don't know that you need it.  I believe this new update comes with "standard" speed capability within the speeds you are paying for, so after moving sliders to 100% and testing, let's try unticking TURBO and giving it another test.

Ill give that dillinger and post back, thanks

You also may want to try another Ethernet cable if you move sliders to 100% and are still getting drastically lower speeds.  

I have been on (4) versions of the .06 upgrade during testing and they all provided excellent throughput for my testing on both platforms (XB1 and PS4).

I am usually getting speeds upward 300Mbps down and over 20 up. With the router on the .5 I'm getting under 1Mbps down and same for up. I quadruple checked the settings per the Netduma Wiki for speeds exceed 120Mbps. Help! And I know it is not my cable or anything like that because I am currently directly connected to my modem now and I got tested exactly 342.97 down and 23.80 up. 

5069586987.png

Please help, I just got my Netduma and I was very excited up until now.

Do you know what version you were on prior to the upgrade?  Was in the .03 release?  Or the .05 release?

Have you tried the unplug for 5 minute rule on both the router and the console to clear the cache in both?

Do you know what version you were on prior to the upgrade?  Was in the .03 release?  Or the .05 release?

Have you tried the unplug for 5 minute rule on both the router and the console to clear the cache in both?

Im positive I was on .5 before upgrading. And ive reset my isp hub and the netduma earlier to see if that would help but no luck. I tried a factory reset also and re entering the optimum settings for my connection but no luck. Ill try a reset on the netduma and console again. Gutted, was lucking forward to trying the new setting on bo3!

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable from the ISP Hub to the Duma?

Testing on the ISP Hub would tell us which way to go with the troubleshooting (downstream towards the Duma or upstream towards the street).

The upgrades are going pretty well.  We have like 3 or 4 issues at the moment, so I am hoping this is something simple as well.

Sorry PapaDee - I have several threads going at the moment.

Okay, update went well.  The rest of the hardwired gear is working correctly?  I.E. - You can get out into the world, hit websites, watch YT and the like?

Is the Netduma not showing on your available wifi list?  Or is it broadcasting and you can't connect?  Please define "no Wifi" for me as people tend to vary based on personal experiences and training.

hi I'm still having the same issue with much slower download speed results if I move congestion control device prioritisation sliders any other place than 50/50 % need to press reset distribution and apply to have proper download speed on speed test.Any solutions?:D

It looks like the issue was on the isp end of things, I ran a diagnostic on their website and reset after it completed and it seems to have solved the issue. Ive got dsl report tests much closer to my paid speeds. Thanks for the help mate!

• Administrators

It looks like the issue was on the isp end of things, I ran a diagnostic on their website and reset after it completed and it seems to have solved the issue. Ive got dsl report tests much closer to my paid speeds. Thanks for the help mate!

Great to hear your issue has been resolved. I'll now close your thread. 

hi I'm still having the same issue with much slower download speed results if I move congestion control device prioritisation sliders any other place than 50/50 % need to press reset distribution and apply to have proper download speed on speed test.Any solutions? :D

It will be splitting the speeds between all devices, so prioritise the device you're on. If you're having issues please make your own thread.

Archived