Ping Assist Question?

chrisbeatty316

I don't know if it's the best way to use it but here's what i do.I set my GF at 600 km (which is normal for me) yours may be different and my ping assist at 35-40.For me it just kind of adds another level to the GF and i pick up some really decent P2P hosts.And also some dedi's you may or may not want to play on.If that's the case move your PA down ( or to zero ) if it's a really bad dedi.

If you go to wiki i'm sure it will tell you the optimal way to use PA,that's just how i use mine.

In my region, gamers population is rather low. The best games I've ever had, were when PA took over. Is there a way that I can "give priority" to PA rather than GF?  If I remember correctly one of the admins said that dropping GF in the ocean is not such a good idea.

(Hope I made myself clear)  :unsure:

Guest Netduma Fraser

In my region, gamers population is rather low. The best games I've ever had, were when PA took over. Is there a way that I can "give priority" to PA rather than GF?  If I remember correctly one of the admins said that dropping GF in the ocean is not such a good idea.

(Hope I made myself clear)  :unsure:

I would recommend putting the PA to around 50ms as that will allow more PA found games to get through :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Is it true that dropping GF in the ocean will not help?

Well the idea behind ping assist is that it assists the Geo-filter. So putting the Geo-filter in the ocean doesn't allow the Geo-filter to find any hosts. So its purely relying on a feature that was meant to assist not completely take over. So can you find games by putting it in the ocean? Yes quite possibly. However, is it recommended? No. Using PA and the Geo-filter together will enable you to get the best games possible. 

Not if the ping from the server is below your ping assist threshold. That is the point of PA, to find servers with acceptable pings (as defined by your settings) which may be outside your preferred geo-filter radius. 

As Crossy said, if you can't update it then it is a dedicated server with a good ping :)

Archived