PS4 prioritization=slower speed?

When i prioritize my PS4 in congestion control my speed drops considerably(about a 1/3 of non prioritized speed) I have followed all the recommended settings through the guide and have the most recent update.   Am I missing something? i thought this would dedicate more of the bandwidth to the PS4. (sliders at 100% not seeing much additional speed degradation until below 50% range on sliders)

Yeah. Are you on 1.03.5m. firmware? If so there is a bug in the software that is going to be fixed in the next update which should be coming out real soon. I recommend you not use the prioritization flower until then. It is ok to use the congestion control sliders that are located above the prioritization flower.

I'm not sure I understand.  So when you move the sliders from 100% to 50%, you are noticing slower speeds?  That is what is was designed to do.   :wacko:

Speed already slow at 100%, doesn't drop much more until below 50%. 

Yeah. Are you on 1.03.5m. firmware? If so there is a bug in the software that is going to be fixed in the next update which should be coming out real soon. I recommend you not use the prioritization flower until then. It is ok to use the congestion control sliders that are located above the prioritization flower.

Thanks! This must be the problem. Sliders work as advertised but prioritization flower settings seem to have opposite effect. I will stay away from the flower settings for now.

Speed already slow at 100%, doesn't drop much more until below 50%. 

Thanks! This must be the problem. Sliders work as advertised but prioritization flower settings seem to have opposite effect. I will stay away from the flower settings for now.

yeah i think the best thing to do currently is reset distribution on the flower and then update distribution also on the flower and then just use the sliders to control the speeds and whatnot! :)

Archived