Need help to setup/config my R1 Router.

DerPolacke

Hello everyone,

i need some help with setting up my Netduma R1.

Why i'm asking for help?

I'm not a pro with Netduma so it's better when i ask someone that knows how the N-R1 works instead to make my connection worse or even damage something.

I also ask for help because after i got my N-R1 i can watch Youtube Videos without stuttering only in 480p max 720p, before i had the N-R1 i could watch Videos easy in 1080p. When i look at the Netduma "Bandwidth usage monitor" it shows most time only 10% instead of 50-80% to make 1080p to load fast.

I'm reading and doing, i have a 16k Internet connection but with speedtest.net i get only 12.5 and 0.97 upload. But in wiki it says to type what i pay for so i typed 16k and 1k upload. I don't know what upload im paying for :x

It says 12.6mb and 1.1upload :D
Problem is that i cant still watch any 1080p videos :/ 

I'm reading and doing, i have a 16k Internet connection but with speedtest.net i get only 12.5 and 0.97 upload. But in wiki it says to type what i pay for so i typed 16k and 1k upload. I don't know what upload im paying for :x

It says 12.6mb and 1.1upload :D

Problem is that i cant still watch any 1080p videos :/ 

Okay , also did you check to make sure that the geo-filter isn't active on your PC?

In regards to your internet speed , if your ISP gives lets say 20Mbps , that would be 20 megabits , not megabytes.

If you have 16Mbits , your average download will be 1600 kbps , or 1.6 megabytes per second

You could try the following:

• Contact your ISP and ask them if there's a line issue because you're not receiving the speed you pay for

• Enable Super Turbo Mode (Disables congestion control which may be causing the issue)

• Try an alternative router and see if you still experience a loss in up/down speeds

Let me know how it goes :P

You type in the speed you actually get so type in 12.5 & 0.97 then to stop local congestion you move the sliders to 70% this will decrease the width of the band but you will have 30% head room to keep pings low while others use your network.

Do not worry about decreasing the width down it does not effect the speed of your ping, a common misconception.

Archived