Opinions on skill based matchmaking

MrTrakky

SBMM generally negatively affects connections.. and it just makes the game unpleasant. I don't know why they're so opposed to people enjoying the game? If I occasionally got a "God lobby" I'd be happy.. but no. They want me to play against full clans with 2.0+ kds. :/

The best test is with your own eyes.  Let's be honest here for a second, and I mean really honest.

The mere fact we are posting about a game, on a support website for a product that was created to HELP us game, means we are more "try hard" than the average bear.

If you are anything like me, you check the lobby leader boards to see what you are up against in the pre-game lobby.  You may be looking for rank/levels, K/D or SPM, but you're checking.

If you are used to being in the top, let's say, 3 thru 8 for whatever you are checking, and you suddenly are middle of the pack or LOWER, overnight?  That isn't an influx of "only the most dedicated players*"

*Caveat:  If somehow owning the DLC maps triggers a smaller, core group of dedicated servers that draw in players that have that content, I can see that theory holding more water.

The thing is, we don't know, and they aren't telling.

The best test is with your own eyes.  Let's be honest here for a second, and I mean really honest.

The mere fact we are posting about a game, on a support website for a product that was created to HELP us game, means we are more "try hard" than the average bear.

If you are anything like me, you check the lobby leader boards to see what you are up against in the pre-game lobby.  You may be looking for rank/levels, K/D or SPM, but you're checking.

If you are used to being in the top, let's say, 3 thru 8 for whatever you are checking, and you suddenly are middle of the pack or LOWER, overnight?  That isn't an influx of "only the most dedicated players*"

*Caveat:  If somehow owning the DLC maps triggers a smaller, core group of dedicated servers that draw in players that have that content, I can see that theory holding more water.

The thing is, we don't know, and they aren't telling.

Preach Dil 

Archived