duma not well

I got the netduma not long after launch and for the most part its been ok , but lately the wifi has been dropping everyday so I've been rebooting everyday (wifi walk around un ticked ), as soon as i got it i made a new wifi password and its been fine for a year or so but now its asking for a WPA password is this the wifi password i created when i first got it ?

If so it won't accept it nor will accept the factory password on the side of the box 

any ideas thanks ? 

Is the factory password netdumar1? If not try it.

I was using the SN number but I've just tried your suggestion and its worked thanks a lot mate  :)

Now how can i get this thing to work for more than a day without the wifi dropping ? 

You took my first suggestion with the wifi-workaround. Usually unselecting it fixes that issue. But you have already did that. Only other things that I can think of is make sure it is on the least congested channel and that there are not other wifi devices near it that that use 2.4ghz. Maybe some of my other Netduma mates might have some ideas.

There was a thread I was reading earlier for another poster that Fraser was active in back in August and Sept.  You may want to make sure that PPPOE is unticked as that seemed to do the trick for that thread.

Other issues were if the router is in a confined area and got too hot, it was seen to overheat.  Also if it was near another wireless device there may have been some cross signals causing issues, but that wasn't proven or not. 

Archived