Connecting to NY Server Why?

chrisbeatty316

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Chris, are you referring to the ! triangles outside your filter or the one that looks like a radiation symbol?

The triangles are showing it as getting blocked so you don't need to worry about that, you wont connect. 

The one that looks like a radiation symbol is a dormant host that was found using ping assist. To get rid of this and make sure you dont connect to it you can look out our anti cheat here - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_anti_cheat

Guest Netduma Fraser

That dormant host, turns into a bigger circle like the host server once it starts the match

In that case its the anti cheat, so youll have to disconnect for 2 minutes and wait for all the symbols on the Geo-filter to disappear and then search again. It will only come up as blocked and not a dormant host anymore :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I haven't had my radius set close to NY all day, that's why I don't understand why it keeps trying to connect. It did it yesterday too.

It was found using ping assist, therefore it must be within the 35 ping that you have set. If you dont want to connect to it try either putting the PA to 0 to turn it off and just rely on the Geo-filter or turn the PA down to 30 which is the minimum we recommend to see if you block it :)

I've attached two screen shots of my setup, and you can see it keeps trying to connect to NY.

Most likely it's a dedicated sever which is actually in NJ... If you see it gets bigger when the game is loading into a map then it's a dedicated server which ping assist is picking up. It doesn't matter your location if it's under the 35 ms ping you have set there.

I browse this forum everyday and the amount of stuff I've learnt just from reading people's questions and answers is unreal,was having the same problem with connecting to servers that I didn't want it to and it's just a case of dropping ping lower or to 0,will try this tonight

I browse this forum everyday and the amount of stuff I've learnt just from reading people's questions and answers is unreal,was having the same problem with connecting to servers that I didn't want it to and it's just a case of dropping ping lower or to 0,will try this tonight

Alot of the questions can be answered on their wiki at http://wiki.netduma.com  lol

Archived