NetDuma 1.03.5 VPN bug

When I set my Netduma to use a VPN on the pc that I need to use it on, and eventually when my VPN stops working, I can still access the Netduma, but the VPN section when I'm on the PC with the VPN toggled on before, it act's like it'll load, but it does nothing and sits there. I can access my VPN section on another device that isn't turned on for VPN and either untoggle the PC that has the VPN on so I can use the internet again or on the other device, reconnect the VPN connection and then be able to have the VPN panel on the pc that had the VPN toggled on, to load.

Essentially, that sounds complex, but let me try to make it more logical in a step by step.

1. I setup the VPN on the Netduma, shows it's connected, and turn it on for the PC I'm using to get to the Netduma dashboard.

2. VPN crashes or disconnects, and the PC I was using to connect to the dashboard still works, but my internet isn't functioning and I can't toggle my pc back off or re-connect the VPN because everything works except the VPN page. It stays stuck on the 'loading' page.

3. I get on my mobile phone or laptop that didn't have the VPN enabled, and the VPN panel loads and I can disconnect my PC from that, and my PC gets internet and will load the VPN panel now.

Hopefully that made sense.

If not, I'll just wait for an update, see if someone else got my issue.

• Netduma Staff

Hey,

The VPN page require internet to load, so the reason you can't load it on that device is probably because you don't have an internet connection :)

Do you have an internet connection through the VPN initially or do you lose connection ass soon as you enable it?

I do have a good internet connection, but since my VPN isn't necessarily stable, it can go down every now and then.

Do you really need your computer or device to have an internet connection from the outside world just to toggle your own devices? Practically locks you out if your only device you have is the PC.

• Netduma Staff

I do have a good internet connection, but since my VPN isn't necessarily stable, it can go down every now and then.

Do you really need your computer or device to have an internet connection from the outside world just to toggle your own devices? Practically locks you out if your only device you have is the PC.

At the moment you do (because VPN configs are downloaded when you load the page) but hopefully it can be fixed in a future update :)

Archived