Jira: Any users / Need a script

Dillinger

Shot in the dark here, but we have a lot of IT folks, so maybe?

Looking to add some filters for a team I am running.  They are using Jira as the primary tracking software (don't get me started this was the software when I got here), in a Kanban model.   The daily stand ups are painful as while everything is tied to epics, I can't seem to find a single, simple script that will allow me to filter by the assigned workers name and bring up their open commitment work (i.e. "selected for development" and "in development" as examples, but outside of a lone swimlane).

And I specifically didn't set up the swim lanes by owner/assignee, because that model was crashed and burned into ash long before I got here.

Any help would be appreciated outside of a Google link to another Atlassian "help page" that is anything but.  Seriously, I don't know how this company stays in business as their "after care" for paying clients is a model Old Skool Kommunism would be proud of.   :angry:

Thanks in advance!

JD

Thanks Z!

Yeah, those are the "help threads" I was talking about.  I am sure they are all fine and good for a coder and hacker of your level, but this is supposed to be "user friendly" and "entry level user" ready.  My entire team works with Insurance numbers all day, everyday.  They aren't coders any more than I am....LOL

My company must have had one hell of a good looking salesperson because we got no training, no on sight setup, no technical assistance other than links to their own videos (which suck by the way Atlassian).  

We will be coming up for product review this year and I will absolutely be pushing to boot this crap into the Puget Sound.

Thanks Z!

Yeah, those are the "help threads" I was talking about.  I am sure they are all fine and good for a coder and hacker of your level, but this is supposed to be "user friendly" and "entry level user" ready.  My entire team works with Insurance numbers all day, everyday.  They aren't coders any more than I am....LOL

My company must have had one hell of a good looking salesperson because we got no training, no on sight setup, no technical assistance other than links to their own videos (which suck by the way Atlassian).  

We will be coming up for product review this year and I will absolutely be pushing to boot this crap into the Puget Sound.

Bro, I work with Jira everyday.... it is terrible lol... All I got is a script to see your own open assignments.. not 100% on the additional associates scripts. " Not a manager yet :( " But, Ill look for something!

Bro, I work with Jira everyday.... it is terrible lol... All I got is a script to see your own open assignments.. not 100% on the additional associates scripts. " Not a manager yet :( " But, Ill look for something!

At least I am not alone.  Don't kill a bunch of your time, but if you come across something, I would appreciate it.

Yes, I truly hate Jira and one of the "junior" members I am coaching now was the one who wrote up the recommendation on it prior to me joining the company.  So thanks for that....LOL

UPDATE:

I was able to watch a few videos from other users and back walk my way into a sorting method by team member that I can save as a special query.  Not ideal, but it will work for what we need and it will get me out of having to read any more of Atlassian's help threads....LOL

Thanks guys, I think I am good to go for now.

(closing thread)

JD

Archived