Virgin superhub

Hi, only got round to joining the forum today but have had my netduma for about a fortnight or so..

The features of the software are amazing and it definitely works but I'm having a few troubles with finding the best setup for my household.

I originally had the superhub in modem mode then the r1 with 4 wired devices connected and 12 wireless devices in the device manager .. Although all not been used at the same time.

Updated to .5 firmware and followed all advice to get speed up to the current 200 down 12 up that I can get through the superhub direct but could not get it above 90-96 down but can always get the 12 up. These speeds are plenty still and don't really bother me too much.

The problem I had most was when I was gaming .. With or without sliders on 70% or full , the wireless devices would suffer with slow webpage loading and buffering YouTube say.

I did try changing wifi channels but made no difference and wifi would sometimes stop working for a few minutes or so then start again .

This led me to disconnect the r1 and just use the superhub on its own again till I can get some advice.

Sorry for the long winded post but what I'm trying to get at is , is it possible to use the superhub for wifi and wired devices to the r1 or is this not the best way?

Also just to add I did uncheck wifi workaround to get over the wifi drops but it just seems to recheck itself after so long.

Regards

Mark

• Netduma Staff

Hey Mark, welcome to the forum :)

First of all, are you using Google Chrome as your browser? It shouldn't recheck itself. Also make sure device prioritisation is reset - once you've reset it it don't change anything on it as it is buggy on 1.03.5.

Hi guys,

I did have the superhub in modem mode and changed the channels on the r1 .. Found channel 6 to be best but still dropped.

Also I use google chrome too and I've tried all the reset and leave but to no avail .. Do you know if the low speeds are fixed in the next update at all?

I know I will only be able to control the wired devices if I leave the superhub in router mode for wifi and just use the r1 for the consoles.. If that's so .. When gaming is there any need to drop sliders to 70%?

Regards

Mark

Archived