Geo filter doesn't work anymore!

JP003

Hi

I have recently been getting a poor game service on my PS4 playing Advanced Warfare.

I am running the Beta .7 software and i have Playstation network setup for geo filter only and i have another service setup for the playstation Network PA

I am only using one of the 2 services at a time and does not matter which service I use the geo filter doesn't work anymore!

When using the PA i have the ping set at 10mS so I assume most the time it will revert to using the geo filter instead!

I am constantly getting hooked up to games all across Europe (I live in the UK)

My geo filter range is set at 200 miles which just about covers all of England from my home location in the Midlands.

I got so annoyed with the router not working correctly I tried turning PA off and just used the old faithfull geo filter but still no joy, if anything the game servers were getting further away every game!

I then decided to enable strict mode but this still made no difference.  Still being put in games in Europe.  The most annoying thing was I appear to be in a lobby full of UK hosts and as the game starts the big circle appears on a game server in Europe outside the geo filter!!!!!!

When i first started using .7 the software seemed to work okay but this seems to have started happening since the last Advanced warfare patch update came out.  I have spoken to a close friend who also has the same software installed and he was getting the same thing happen.  So much so he now doesn't run the PS4 through the Netduma just the rest of the household!

Iain I have done the things you suggested apart from set my ping to 40mS, don't see the point as its doing it set on 10mS 

Cloud is set on Auto

My diagnostics shows good or excellent across ping, jitter etc 

At the minute i may aswell not have the netduma on because its not working.

One other thing that keeps happening is when i do get in a game that has a good connection i get booted half way through for no apparent reason and I'm usually winning the game.  No thumbs up or down appear to say i was outside the filter range but i obviously am so why does it allow me to go in the game in the first place.

Sorry but my current evaluation of the router is its a waste of money.  I really hope Iain can get me sorted out before i put a hammer through my Netduma!!

First software version that came with router was in my opinion the best one for doing what it says on the tin.  Every software version since then has added benefits and more functions available but less of putting me in kick as games where i get the connection i'm looking for.

I get a feeling I'm going to be told to delete all my devices and start again from scratch as i cant see what else is left for me to try!

I really hope i can get this sorted out because i had nothing but good things to say about the netduma and now its all bad and i hate moaning.  I have backed netduma since the launch and was one of the first to buy and recommended to my friends who have also purchased based on my recommendation.

regards

JP 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi JP,

I'm actually on your router at the moment, first thing I noticed was you had multiple PlayStation network services for the same PlayStation. The original one that doesn't work would override as it was in slot 1. So I've deleted all of them for you. Can you reselect them and you should be back on track. Also your distance of 300km is very very low that may result in lobby booting please read this if that happens: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

JP thanks for the support from the start, may I ask why you and your friend didn't post this ages ago and we could have helped then? I don't understand why you leave it to boiling point then post things like that publicly? I mean .7 was clearly stated as a beta and we did clearly mention that you need to overwrite the service. Its fine that you made a mistake many others have, and we should have made it more clear. I just don't understand why people don't let us know as soon as it happens so it gets fixed quickly. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Great glad its working. I'm about to go out for the night so if anything goes wrong let me know soon rather than later or it will have to wait till the morning. But I'm pretty sure we got it fixed now :) 

Guest Netduma_Iain

You can't at the moment, you should just disable them for now :)

Btw if you don't like ping assist(remember you didn't have it before it was broken before) you can disable it by setting it to 0ms

sorry about the multiple posts it wasn't posting on my end sorry

Thanks Iain I really do appreciate the support

I still think the earlier version that came with the router worked better than .7 and gave a better connection in general.  Shame as all the extra features on .7 are amazing.

I will let you know straight away if im having anymore problems before getting to boiling point, sorry to post my dissapointment online when it was more a user error that caused the router not to perform rather than the router not working correctly.

Big up Netduma and the amazing support that Iain provides, would strongly recommend buying one of these routers

JP

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks JP, appreciate it. I don't know if you've been reading threads around here but some people don't like certain dedis, so that is something that perhaps wasn't such an issue when we launched. The solution is to move your home about to find the ones you like. Quite a few of our UK customers prefer the ones in the Netherlands so maybe worth a move. Also let me know what you think it plays like on older cods if you have them. 

If your friend needs help get him to post here as well, although support maybe slower then usual tomorrow :S 

PS I deleted your multiple posts

• 1 year later...

Hi JP,

I'm actually on your router at the moment, first thing I noticed was you had multiple PlayStation network services for the same PlayStation. The original one that doesn't work would override as it was in slot 1. So I've deleted all of them for you. Can you reselect them and you should be back on track. Also your distance of 300km is very very low that may result in lobby booting please read this if that happens: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

JP thanks for the support from the start, may I ask why you and your friend didn't post this ages ago and we could have helped then? I don't understand why you leave it to boiling point then post things like that publicly? I mean .7 was clearly stated as a beta and we did clearly mention that you need to overwrite the service. Its fine that you made a mistake many others have, and we should have made it more clear. I just don't understand why people don't let us know as soon as it happens so it gets fixed quickly. 

iain hiya mate im currently having the same kind of issues as the guy above however not running a beta just the recent update when i got the router had no problems whatsoever an now its like the router isnt even there geo filter doesnt seem to work turn pa off still connecting to host east and west coast of the states even tho im in the middle of the uk and only search for uk and a bit of europe 

• Administrators

iain hiya mate im currently having the same kind of issues as the guy above however not running a beta just the recent update when i got the router had no problems whatsoever an now its like the router isnt even there geo filter doesnt seem to work turn pa off still connecting to host east and west coast of the states even tho im in the middle of the uk and only search for uk and a bit of europe 

Hey, can you make your own thread please as this one is quite old so I'll close it. 

Just a few points though. PA 0 and strict on to make sure you don't get connected to anything outside your radius.

Archived