Laptop cannot surf the net as before

fruineum

My Apple laptop does not work properly these days as Safari home page is changed to Frontier Search or search.frontier.com without my consent. Some pages are changed as well, for example when I want to play online games. It's said that the search engine is not a real and good one. But now my security tool does not scan it or delete it completely. If you have any idea, please help! Thanks in advance!

My Apple laptop does not work properly these days as Safari home page is changed to Frontier Search or search.frontier.com without my consent. Some pages are changed as well, for example when I want to play online games. It's said that the search engine is not a real and good one. But now my security tool does not scan it or delete it completely. If you have any idea, please help! Thanks in advance!

Hey mate!

Sounds like you have some malware / adware , luckily for you I'm a self proclaimed expert when it comes too removing malicious / candy from machines.

Firstly , could you please download and install eset from the following link - Click here to download

Eset will check to see if the issue is malware related or pup / opencandy adware

if it detects anything , it will remove it.

Secondly , do you have java installed?

Since I'm unfamiliar with MAC / OSX , would you be able to post a picture of your OS startup directory / launch on boot programs?

Get back to me and let me know

It is a browser hijack ,some times these are installed to the system sometimes its an add on or a simple home page change.

Check for newly installed programs, go into safari's settings and uninstall any dodgy addons then set your home page back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived