Anyone have to pay DHL/Customs fees?

Wake_

I'm just wondering if anyone has had to pay DHL brokerage fees and/or customs fees. I live in Canada, it would cost be ~$320 to get it and paying any more than that would really be a game changer. Considering it's a suprise fee and could be anywhere from $10-100, I don't know if I'm willing to take that risk.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum. Usually there are no fees to be paid when the package enters Canada. Occasionally they will charge, if they do it would probably be around $15-20. Sorry for being a bit vague, there doesn't seem to be any certainty on whether payment is needed or not as usually it doesn't but sometimes does. Hope that answers your question.

It is a crapshoot. If Customs chooses to inspect your package, they will raise a charge for HST at 13% for the item. There will be a handling fee of between $10 and 20$ from the clearing agent. All this will be billed to you by Canada post who will not release the goods until they are paid. If the parcel goes through without inspection, you will avoid the HST. I live in Mississauga, Ontario. My Netduma was charged the HST when it came through.  

Archived