Reset to factory settings somethings seriously wrong here.

hi all, so after seeing everyone say about reset to factory settings after the upgrade, so I thought why not might improve my game play a tad as I've felt i have been slightly behind lately. No way, My k/d has dropped from 1.78 to 1.53 over the course of 3 hours? Kept getting the ethernet plug appearing on my screen, frame skipping every now and again and around couple ms seconds behind, full blown sweat fest,I'm not an amazing player but I know when somethings wrong. I now wish I never bothered.Was looking forward to some gaming this weekend but I've ruined it by factory reset, I am with sky and I hope I've set everything up correctly? Help would be much appreciated! Thanksin advance. Matt

So you reset, and were able to get in and still make the normal adjustments like slider percentage and you have the correct console enabled, right?  The button will say DISABLE, which means it is currently on.  I know you have been here awhile, just making sure the basics are there.

Have you tried testing with dslreports.com and set your Bufferbloat to as close to zero as you can achive?

What system?  Pre-Emptive or Reactive?  You need to really experiment with both.

I'm on XBLive and I did tests this morning for both.  Reactive needed way more bandwidth (sliders down into the 30's) to get an "A" and even that was noisy.  With Pre-Emptive I think it took like 62 for each and I got an A+ with the highest mark on the gauge reaching about 32ms and a light yellow.

I played with the A and then the A+ - as expected, the A+ games were MUCH better.

Set up all the settings again after a factory restore so ipv6 off in wan and lan, deep packet off etc.

Make sure you have set up the service again looking at your console in the device manger etc.

If you want me to have a look I will if your quick :)

Guys appreciate your help but a quick reboot sorted it! Got 3 AR's to gold, Everything is well again in camp matt haha, The grind for dark matter starts again! I love this forum haha you boys are class appreciate the concern Z and dillinger you guys are great!

Archived