Black Ops 3 PC.. Need suggestions..

corrosiveguy

Hey everyone,

I travel a lot for work and I am thinking about investing in a gaming laptop and selling my xbox one and games. Does anyone play Black Ops 3 on PC. I heard it has full dedicated servers..

Also I need input on which laptop I should get i have it narrowed down to these two. I am looking for a laptop that can run games at 1080P with high frame rate. I play Battlefield 4, Battlefront, and Black Ops 3

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/4714300.p?id=1219807029424&skuId=4714300

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-black/4453403.p?id=1219749489377&skuId=4453403

• Administrators

Hey just my 2cents, I don't know about BO3 specifically but previous PC CoDs I've played don't have as big a player base as the consoles. Also I would look at the recommended specs for the individual games to make sure whatever you get can run it. I got a gaming laptop a few years ago - never again, they become outdated quick! 

Hey just my 2cents, I don't know about BO3 specifically but previous PC CoDs I've played don't have as big a player base as the consoles. Also I would look at the recommended specs for the individual games to make sure whatever you get can run it. I got a gaming laptop a few years ago - never again, they become outdated quick! 

I have thought about that. A desktop I could keep updating but I cannot take it on the road. I just wish the xbox one was easier to travel with, and the hotel TVs are crap.. You cannot do competitive fast paced gaming on them.

To be brutally honest... CoD on the PC is dying.

Most of the recent ports have been pretty bad in terms of proper PC features and optimization.

Also, a lot of cheaters which ruins the game experience as well.

I have the PC version of all the CoDs, but the more recent ones namely for offline bot practice (on my gaming laptop, ironically). 

CoD is a console game now, primarily. That's where the player base is and that is where 99% of post-sales support goes. Plus, with the Sony DLC exclusivity, you'll be waiting for the DLC on PC since it's MS. Also, the only game modes people play on PC are TDM and DOM. That's it... Versus console that has almost every mode populated 24/7.

Honestly, I can't recommend CoD on PC anymore. Not even the "better" graphics can justify it if you want to play online with people.

As for gaming laptop recommendations...

I have an ASUS ROG laptop from 2013 with a GTX 780M and it still runs games almost maxed out (depending on the quality of the port), albeit at a lower resolution (1080p on a 17" screen looks very small, IMO).

I recommend you do the research and see what the desktop equivalent GPU is to the mobile GPU offered in a laptop because Nvidia is notorious for rebranding and putting weaker GPUs in their laptops than what consumers think they are buying e.g. the 8800 mobile series is just the 7800 overclocked.

To be brutally honest... CoD on the PC is dying.

Most of the recent ports have been pretty bad in terms of proper PC features and optimization.

Also, a lot of cheaters which ruins the game experience as well.

I have the PC version of all the CoDs, but the more recent ones namely for offline bot practice (on my gaming laptop, ironically). 

CoD is a console game now, primarily. That's where the player base is and that is where 99% of post-sales support goes. Plus, with the Sony DLC exclusivity, you'll be waiting for the DLC on PC since it's MS. Also, the only game modes people play on PC are TDM and DOM. That's it... Versus console that has almost every mode populated 24/7.

Honestly, I can't recommend CoD on PC anymore. Not even the "better" graphics can justify it if you want to play online with people.

As for gaming laptop recommendations...

I have an ASUS ROG laptop from 2013 with a GTX 780M and it still runs games almost maxed out (depending on the quality of the port), albeit at a lower resolution (1080p on a 17" screen looks very small, IMO).

I recommend you do the research and see what the desktop equivalent GPU is to the mobile GPU offered in a laptop because Nvidia is notorious for rebranding and putting weaker GPUs in their laptops than what consumers think they are buying e.g. the 8800 mobile series is just the 7800 overclocked.

Thank you for the input.. Thinking about the Vanguard system to do traveling with. Its a portable case with a 19 inch screen. I think the main reason I wanted a gaming laptop was for all my road trips

Keep in mind that you will also be at the mercy of the hotel's internet as well... That most of the time is not very fast, or stable for obvious reasons.

I have that already solved, i have near unlimited data and use a 4g router. I travel a lot to Atlanta. I was getting 115 down and 20 up on 4g.. I was drawing host on black ops 2.. I play mostly games with true dedicated servers on the road.

Call of duty on PC is always horribly ported and generally has terrible support / barely any updates.

Don't sell your Xbox , keep it aside and get a PC too, you will regret selling your console in the future , I did the same.

Lastly , gaming laptops are  f**** garbage , do NOT waste your money on one.

I bought a top tier gaming laptop back in 2014 , GTX 980m (IIRC) , 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, all the works

Didn't even last half a year , got it replaced , same thing happened and I was refused a second replacement.

Save up and buy a gaming rig , or a semi good gaming rig, laptops are garbage / worthless

Archived