Unable to use deny and allow

MrPapacherry

This is becoming one thing after another. As of yesterday I have not been able to use deny and allow. Not sure why all of the sudden I'm connecting to the same server over and over. Sometimes I can get in where the padlock is if I put the filer over there. That causes major lag. If I don't get that server my controler powers off looking for a game. After the first bit of help I was being put right into lobbys. My only issue from there was I couldn't ping. That's resolved but now finding a match is near impossible. HANDS DOWN, NETDUMAS BEEN HELP FULL AND PATIENT WITH MY ISSUES. I know I've been a pain in the a**. I promise it's not my intent. I just wanna game.

post-882-0-37912700-1424288648_thumb.jpg

post-882-0-05251400-1424290572_thumb.jpg

Guest Netduma_Iain

MrPapa,

In the interest of not going in circles, I'll give you total information.

1. If you don't see the update button, it means you're on a dedicated server
  2. If you get booted out a lobby its because the game wants to put you on dedicated server, look for a padlock appearing and make sure your filter includes it OR untick strict mode.

Can you block a dedicated server? No

Why?  It you could you'd degrade your gaming experience and tech support would be inundated 

But I don't like playing on dedicated servers? If the game wants to put you on a dedicated server, the game wants to put you on one. Its that simple. Its far superior then connecting to someone across the country.

Is there anything I can do? The point of the Duma is you have control(the meaning of the word dominate) and information. If you don't like the server you can move your home around(the US) and try find other hosts you prefer.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Because its the nearest server and therefore the optimum for you. You can move your home and restart the entire game if you'd like to try find one further away.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'd be more interested in pings then a video. The way I see it you have two problems at the moment, I've given both solutions:

1. I can't find a game -> Either 1) Increase geo-filter to include the padlock or 2) Disable strict mode
  2. I don't like this server -> Move your home until you get a different host or padlock appear (you may have to restart the game but may not)

If your lagging further, it could be the other 3 causes of lag. But don't worry the Duma has you covered for the 3 main causes of lag, if you take the time to read this article & it can also identify if its the 4th cause of lag in which case you may need to call your ISP.

Best,

Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Also your base/last-mile ping is 30ms. Meaning your best games will always be above 30ms probably more likely in the 40-50ms region. 

As you suggested. Still the same server. Instadeath. Is this thing tomfoolery? Are you guys planning a joke on me? Is my KD supposed to go down? What's Geo filter without being able to geographically filter. It sounds like what your telling me is that i would placed on that and only that server even if I didn't have a R1. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of NETDUMA all together?

post-882-0-11883300-1424293658_thumb.jpg

Guest Netduma_Iain

Please can you refrain from the insults sir.

Strict Mode On = Filter everything including dedicated servers

Strict Mode Off = Filter everything except dedicated servers

Based on that you can deduce the following:

1. If you want to get a game quick without booting disable strict mode(this will then put you in nearest server the goal of the geo-filter)
  2. If you want to force another dedicated server then enable strict mode

There are 3 other causes of lag, have you considered it could be one of them. Please read the following for help with lag

It's probably the best server for you, i get the same dedi server all the time and its 30ms when i ping it which at the moment is my actual ping. Have you tried putting your GF in the middle of the sea near where you are and putting the distance to minimum and PA to around 40-50 with strict mode unticked, that should get you some good games.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Papa I've offered solutions to every problem you have proposed. We have many happy customers, I'd like to include you in that group as well. Sorry if I'm repeating myself but again

If you're not getting a game, either: 

1. Increase geo-filter to include padlock
  2. Disable strict mode

If you don't like the server:

1. Move your home with strict mode enabled to find a different location(probably best to keep it to the US)

There you go all your problems solved. So I'm assuming the next problem is you don't like the hosts you get put on. My response is either:

1. You're expectations are way too high and you do have a good connection, try comparing it with geo-filter off you'll see a big difference
  2. Or you have something else causing lag namely local congestion or an issue with your ISP

We can help point 2. There is not really much more that can be said. Finally we have a bunch of customers in Florida who happily play everyday as well. So I know its not a region thing either.

I turned the Geo filter off and i got put right into games on the same server. So with or without netduma Geo filter the result is identical. My mistake. I was under the impression that the R1 granted players the ability to game with ppl closer to them. Not ones they would connect to anyway. The most disappointing part is thinking of what I could have done with that 200 dollars. At least one of us made out. Silly me.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Why don't you restart the game with the geo-filter off(as it influences the game state) and see where you connect. Furthermore a sample size of 1 is not exactly scientific. But it seems you'd rather not get help but bash us. Additionally you say you don't like the server, and you can pick others using the R1. 

If you need further assistance let me know. 

Mr Papa cherry move your home location a bit and expand your filter a little more. Make sure you're using PA service of whatever platform you're on.. xbox live PA or PSN PA if you haven't checked that already

Why can't i connect to any of those players or is that the problem? Why would I complain about the host? i can't even connect to one. Not to mention it would be easer to block them. When we did team viewer i was told my Geo - filter wasn't updating properly and thanked for helping find a problem. That was on your end. Is it not possible the problem is still on your end?

Why can't i connect to any of those players or is that the problem? Why would I complain about the host? i can't even connect to one. Not to mention it would be easer to block them. When we did team viewer i was told my Geo - filter wasn't updating properly and thanked for helping find a problem. That was on your end. Is it not possible the problem is still on your end?

Archived