Unable to use deny and allow

MrPapacherry

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok Papa gave me the permission to post the chat log in here. Basically it confirms that geo-filter is working as intended: 

• Ok these are the stats for your last 4 games, I don't really know how to say it without you thinking I'm provoking you
  •  
    round-trip min/avg/max = 72.524/79.382/80.781 ms -> Location Kansas
    round-trip min/avg/max = 29.077/29.783/30.628 ms -> Locaion Georgia
    round-trip min/avg/max = 29.473/29.961/30.638 ms -> Location Florida 
    round-trip min/avg/max = 37.175/40.151/47.470 ms -> Location Georgia
  •  
    Ok, and your ping stats to Google, which is kinda like a good approximate of the optimum is:
  •  
    round-trip min/avg/max = 27.505/28.236/29.532 ms
  •  
    So the results show a couple of things
  •  
    1. You're not getting the same server
  •  
    2. The ones near you are within 2milliseconds of the optimum. Meaning the Geo-Filter is nearly at the theoretical optimum
  •  
    the only exception being the one in Kansas, I guess that was when you were moving your home

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so Papa and I had a 1 on 1. He allowed me to post what happened.

I helped Papa out, the results showed that he was within 2ms of his google ping(a good approximate of near optimum) with the geo-filter on. With it off we got two games one in Texas(60ms - 100ms) and one in Seattle(120-150ms). So he was seeing a 2-5 times improvement with the geo-filter on.

We then discussed how you can move locations to avoid dedicated servers. Finally the main issue I think was that Papa was looking for games in a very tight area of Florida, but the game wanted to put him in the local Florida/Georgia dedicated server. So he just needed to expand it a little for local games

Archived