R1 Geofilter acting strangeley (requiring reboot)

Buffet

Hi all

Had no issues with the R1 until about a week or so ago. Having real headaches with AW, and even though I have my geofilter set to UK only, and the map indicates I am connected to a UK host, I am getting terrible connection. Really bad hit reg, and lol moments where players in the replay can clearly see me before I see them even though on my screen I see them first.

It is like the Geofilter has simply stopped working. It isn't even blocking people outside of my chosen zone now. Normally I get a load of triangles and then it settles on a large red circle somewhere within the UK. But I keep having to reboot the router in order to get it working again.

I am getting this a lot and it is only fixed with a reboot of the router:

xUdnk8.jpg

I should note that the host connection has been moving outside of the UK when this happens, and I am getting multiple larger circles appearing all over Europe. I also no longer see any yellow triangles until I reboot.

Any ideas?

I am running 1.02.6

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi all

Had no issues with the R1 until about a week or so ago. Having real headaches with AW, and even though I have my geofilter set to UK only, and the map indicates I am connected to a UK host, I am getting terrible connection. Really bad hit reg, and lol moments where players in the replay can clearly see me before I see them even though on my screen I see them first.

It is like the Geofilter has simply stopped working. It isn't even blocking people outside of my chosen zone now. Normally I get a load of triangles and then it settles on a large red circle somewhere within the UK. But I keep having to reboot the router in order to get it working again.

I am getting this a lot and it is only fixed with a reboot of the router:

xUdnk8.jpg

I should note that the host connection has been moving outside of the UK when this happens, and I am getting multiple larger circles appearing all over Europe. I also no longer see any yellow triangles until I reboot.

Any ideas?

I am running 1.02.6

Can you confirm that the button under the console you have selected under Select Games/Services says 'Disable'?

Hi guys

If I tick strict mode I get a ton of big red circles spinning around in the UK but I won't connect to any servers. Can sit there for a long time, still no game. However, if I untick strict mode, this happens:

zevgWi.png

As you can see I appear to be connected to a server over the other side of the planet (just over 6000KM away in fact).

This has just happened right after a reboot.

Can you take a picture of your Geo-filter please, so we can see everything please :)

See below (I have disconnected from AW now so no circles)

PS the reason the Sky box is there is because the PS4 and sky box were unnamed devices and I had to experiment to find out which was which. I just haven't got around to deleting it yet :) )

tJa5OB.jpg

Guest Netduma Fraser

Can you put strict mode on and raise your distance to 1000km at least, its a bit small at the moment and is probably restricting the amount of games you are getting. 

Can you put strict mode on and raise your distance to 1000km at least, its a bit small at the moment and is probably restricting the amount of games you are getting. 

Hmmm, I can do, but why is it allowing me to be connected to a server 6000KM away when there are clearly ones closer?

Additionally, I have had UK games within this kind of radius set in Geofilter without needing to use strict mode, no problems at all. Just last night in fact.

Before it would just put up a load of yellow triangles and then connect me to a UK host.

But bear with me and I will go and change the settings.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hmmm, I can do, but why is it allowing me to be connected to a server 6000KM away when there are clearly ones closer?

Additionally, I have had UK games within this kind of radius set in Geofilter without needing to use strict mode, no problems at all. Just last night in fact.

Before it would just put up a load of yellow triangles and then connect me to a UK host.

But bear with me and I will go and change the settings.

Can you upgrade please? http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateit may help as a new feature might help with this :)

Ok. I haven't updated yet as the topic said it was beta.

Will do it tomorrow as I have to get off now.

Thanks for the help. Just played a couple of matches with the strict @ 1000km settings as above. Too early to tell really, other than it appeared a bit better than it has been.

Will pop back on tomorrow after the update and a few matches so I can report in.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ok. I haven't updated yet as the topic said it was beta.

Will do it tomorrow as I have to get off now.

Thanks for the help. Just played a couple of matches with the strict @ 1000km settings as above. Too early to tell really, other than it appeared a bit better than it has been.

Will pop back on tomorrow after the update and a few matches so I can report in.

It seems quite stable at the moment so you should be fine to upgrade :) 

Well thats an improvement :)

Okay great let us know :)

Right I have upgraded to 1.02.7b.

Will go and try and play some AW now.

(it has probably been mentioned many times, but is there a way for the Geofilter homepage to remember my preferences? It gets tedious having to keep change to miles and zoom in every time I come back to it)

Will report back later!

Guest Netduma Fraser

Right I have upgraded to 1.02.7b.

Will go and try and play some AW now.

(it has probably been mentioned many times, but is there a way for the Geofilter homepage to remember my preferences? It gets tedious having to keep change to miles and zoom in every time I come back to it)

Will report back later!

Fantastic thanks for updating us! Currently no there isnt but we will let you know when it is available :) 

Just to add to this topic, I am on the latest FW and on AW I have noticed that I am put into lobbies outside of my Geo Filter radius, namely one particular server in France, during the lobby it will show a large circle in the UK but when the lobby starts it goes to France.

This is with strict mode off, when I turn it on I get lobby dumped a lot, and struggle to get put into any game despite lots of red circles in the UK. I suspect the SBMM is forcing me not to connect to these lobbies and it's not much to do with the R1 itself. 

My radius is circa 300-500 miles and ping is set to 50ms.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Konvict,

Do the circles outside your geo-filter have a dotted outline. If so that is the ping assist feature, if you don't like it just set it to 0ms :) 

Guest Netduma Fraser

wanted to try and use Geofilter on the PC version of AW - but there is no option to do so. I have tried selecting CSGO and Q3, but neither works......

We dont currently support it but I think people stated it sort of worked selecting xbox live so you could give that a try :)

We dont currently support it but I think people stated it sort of worked selecting xbox live so you could give that a try :)

OK thanks, will do. But why don't you support it? Seems like it must use the same netcode system as consoles do (just curious)

Guest Netduma Fraser

OK thanks, will do. But why don't you support it? Seems like it must use the same netcode system as consoles do (just curious)

When we support a PC game we also make it viewable in Host Analysis as well, so I believe it takes a bit more work to support it rather than just using what we have for xbl/psn. Iain may correct me if im wrong on that :P

Could you not implement various levels of 'support'?

Proper full support for games like CSGO, with host analysis etc. But also bog standard playstation/xbox like support for other games. Clearly you wish to protect the reputation of your product, but disclaimers are a wonderful thing! ;)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Could you not implement various levels of 'support'?

Proper full support for games like CSGO, with host analysis etc. But also bog standard playstation/xbox like support for other games. Clearly you wish to protect the reputation of your product, but disclaimers are a wonderful thing! ;)

Thats a good suggestion and ill pass it on to Iain :)

Archived