Ark: Survival Evolved Server Connection Issues

flowolf

I have been looking on here for the last several weeks and have found no one talking/having issues with Ark: Survival Evolved besides one other person who was also having the same issue as me.

No On replied to him or I, so I figured I would make an official forum post about it.

To start things off, yes, I know that the game just came out roughly 2 weeks ago, and I do know it is in beta testing.
My questions are for possible settings that I can use to actually let me in one of the 200 some odd U.S. servers. Yes, I am in the U.S.

I have tried about everything. I am game sharing with a friend of mine, who has no issues connecting to a server.
I also have 2 other friends who game share it, and they both can connect to servers without issues.

I only go for servers who have 5 or more open spots available.

Now, the other guy who also posted about this had the same issue.
Servers were open, but he couldn't connect.

The only way I can connect is when it is really early in the morning, as in usually 4A.M. or later in the U.S.

So, is there any way it is my router that is being difficult and not letting me connect to the servers?
If so, is there any settings I can use to fix this that anyone knows of?

I have tried all sorts of settings and stuff to fix this issues, so if you reply, the most common of stuff to try, I have done.
ex: System Hard Resets, Router Resets, Geo Filter on and off, etc.

So if you have any real tips that may be unorthodox that have helped you, or may help me, I am all ears.

Thanks in advanced, and I look forward to the responses.

I'm not sure if Netduma have done a cloud update but make sure you have auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud enabled. If this is a issue with the geo filter blocking out servers it's not supposed to i'm sure they will do a cloud update.  

Also make sure you are on the latest firmware.

- Tom      

Thanks for the tip.
I didn't have the bleeding edges ticked.
So I am trying to connect as I type this.
Unfortunately, it is still not working.
So I will keep messing around with the settings.
I also do not even see ping ratings in this game.

If anyone else has any tips, I am willing to try them.

• Administrators

As the game is not supported I would definitely recommend disabling the Geo-filter for the moment. If you're still not able to join are you seeing anything getting blocked? (make sure to follow this first just in case). Do you also have an open NAT? You could try disabling UPnP and port forwarding specific ports for the game.

It is not saying and I am not seeing anything blocked.
It's just that the ping is showing N/A on all servers with the GeoFilter on and off.
All my friends can connect to servers and play, so that's why I am curious if it was something within or to do with the router causing me not to be able to connect to servers.
And yes, I have an Open NAT in games and on my system alone, all the time.
And yes, I tried disabling UPnP, and enabling it.
Giving I know the game is still in beta on console.
I am just curious why everyone else can connect but not me.
Thanks for the help by the way.

That sounds strange. If the Geo is off it is acting like a normal router. Have you tried specific port forwarding for the game? 

What happens when going through the ISP hub, is it the same? 

What do you mean ISP hub?

And I wouldn't have any idea on what ports to forward for this game.

I am on a wired not wireless connection.

• Administrators

What do you mean ISP hub?

And I wouldn't have any idea on what ports to forward for this game.

I am on a wired not wireless connection.

I mean your internet service providers modem/hub. Do you know if it is in modem or router mode? If router, make sure you have the R1 in its DMZ.

Archived