Lost Internet Connection Last Night

Weirdest thing happen to me last night was playing Destiny and my router lost the internet connection.  I rebooted the modem and router but it did not correct anything.  Also could not access the R1 web interface with either 192.168.88.1 or http://r1or 192.168.1.1 ( plugging my computer  into port 2).  It was very weird.  I went to network preferences on my computer and ethernet was green but I had no network settings/ISP/Internet/Server.  

What was really unusual I was getting a weird IP address.  I hate to say this and I don't recommend this for anyone but the only way I was able to fix this was by resetting it from the rear of  the router.  I hope with the allow auto feedback Netduma was able to see my router's log.  This has never happened to me before.  When I did the reset it did not lose my firmware but I did had to input all my devices and settings again.  Has this sort of thing every happened to anyone else.  

• Administrators

That sounds like DHCP stopped working. I've only heard that happen when the modem is on the same subnet as the router. Anyway if it happens again please let us know Buck :)

Archived