PIA VPN not working correctly

Hi Guys

I have my VPN permanently switched on my Netduma with every device in the house (approx 12) connected, except for my Xbox One which is left alone, works perfect. When I use google etc on my iPad, PC, iPhone etc I can load all pages no issues.

My problem is when I use Kodi Media Center, with specific addons Icefilms & 1 Channel which are blocked in the UK. All was working good the other day but now I'm unable to use these addons? I am using the London server which I , ought could be the issue,however if I switch off my Netduma VPN and enable the PIA ios app using the same London based server, so not to lose to much speed, then Icefilms works straight away? As soon as I swap from the app back to the Netduma VPN Icefilms stops working? When I do a 'my ip' check both the Netduma and the iOS app show the same IP address when PIA is switched both on and off.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Sorry I really don't understand the problem because I've never used these apps. I suggest either asking on the media servers support area or if you can wait till Tuesday when we are back in the office we can try diagnose the problem remotely.

Hi Iain

Problem is my VPN seems to be working intermittently, when it dosen't work I restart the netduma in the miscellaneous settings and hey presto it starts working?

Where is the media servers support? It's probably right under my nose but I can't see it. If you could please post a link I will have a read and see if I can get it sorted, If not I'll contact you Tuesday to arrange something.

Thanks for your response, and a Merry Xmas to all at Netduma  :)

• Administrators

Hi I meant go to their actual support forum. But if vpn intermittently disconnects then it's probably best I check your router on Tuesday and look at the log file.

Can you pm NETDUMA fraser to schedule a time. He will respond on Tuesday :)

Happy Xmas mate

Hi Iain

I've messaged Fraser a couple of times but haven't heard anything back?

I appreciate its the festive season and your busy but any chance I could set a time convenient with yourself to log into my Netduma for a setup check? Preferably afternoons as I work nights (that's if I'm needed).

Kind Regards

Stuart

Archived