banjo22
R3 Early Access-
Posts
186 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by banjo22
-
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
It happened again just now, obviously when I'm in an online game and got disconnected, the DHCP release has nothing to do with it clearly. -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Not yet, we are a family of 6, all gamers, consoles, tablets and such, so it's not a case of a couple of PS5s and its sorted. Seems such a frustrating work around...I'm hoping for miracles with this new firmware -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Had the 10 year old tplink router/modem in since fri. Not one disconnect but woeful qos. going to replace the external modem I use with the netgear just for my own sanity but everything pointing to the software of the xr1000 at the mo. Argh -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Happened again so just posting for own sanity, and if you see anything (havent plugged 'new' router in) [DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 92.123.142.115,port 443 Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:48 [Time synchronized with NTP server] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:24 [Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.133, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:24 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.86)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:14 [Internet disconnected] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:11 [Internet idle-timeout] Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:11 [UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.25, Thursday, Jan 11,2024 15:09:08 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.122)] to MAC ad -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
I can try a different router, worried that this won't happen again, though and the £250 spent on this XR1000 only a couple of years back will be a complete waste of money The fraggle attacks look like a false positive, apparently happens on all netgears and people just disable the notification -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Whilst playing Warzone it occured again tonight Could this DoS attack be anything to do with it? Notice internet disconnected/connected again [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.102, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:42 [Time synchronized with NTP server] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:25 [Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.184, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:25 [Internet disconnected] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:14 [Internet idle-timeout] Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:04:14 [DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 95.100.104.92,port 443 Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 22:03:02 [DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 21:59:57 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.82)] to MAC address FA:A9:A1:BF:09:4C, Tuesday, Jan 09,2024 21:57:10 -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Yeah I get that, so I have to reserve an IP for every device that I don't want disconnecting from the internet....?? -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
I have done that; I just cannot see how 2 PS5s and 1 PS4, all disconnected at the same time this afternoon, will be caused by DHCP. How will this help prevent that? It's doing it more and more often and only noticeable when I'm in an online game, so god knows how much it could actually be happening. QOS is the only setting I adjust from default.. -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Unfortunately, I was sick of resetting up reserved addresses so for the two main devices, my NAS and my PS5, I just gave static addresses on the devices, so DHCP shouldn't affect them or cause disconnects? -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Anther disconnect whilst on EAFC onlien match, 2 family members also on Fall Guys and got disconnected from their game Considering putting the thing in the bin [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.4, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:47 [UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.25, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:17 [DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:29:03 [DoS attack: RST Scan] from source 92.123.142.137,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:47 [Time synchronized with NTP server] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:39 [Internet connected] IP address: 143.159.224.254, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:38 [Internet disconnected] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:29 [Internet idle-timeout] Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:29 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.35)] to MAC address 48:43:DD:C4:E5:8B, Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:28:26 [DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Monday, Jan 08,2024 15:19:28 -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
I've given up assigning IPs out now, nothing but trouble for such a simple task for a router. Any sign of this new firmware? It feels like its been years in the making... -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Some devices had lost connection so I rebooted the router. Lo and behold it reset to factory settings. So sick of this thing -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Nothing. The kids have even disconnected from Fortnite a few times over the past few weeks, same with me on COD/EAFC. -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Hello, this is rearing it's ugly head once again, now random times during the day. I was in an online EAFC game and got kicked from the servers, here is the log around the time [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:42:09 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:42:04 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:54 [UPnP set event: Public_UPNP_C3] from source 192.168.1.25, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:36 [DoS attack: ACK Scan] from source 20.90.156.32,port 443 Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:34 [DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:27 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:22 [Time synchronized with NTP server] Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:08 [Internet connected] IP address: 87.114.51.167, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:41:08 [DoS attack: Fraggle Attack] from source UNKNOWN,port 443 Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:55 [Internet disconnected] Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:51 [Internet idle-timeout] Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:51 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:49 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:39 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:40:09 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:39:49 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:39:37 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.56)] to MAC address 6C:99:9D:68:9C:8B, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:39:22 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:39:09 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:39:05 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:38:55 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:38:42 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:38:33 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.57)] to MAC address A0:D2:B1:E7:34:D0, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:38:08 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:38:01 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.30)] to MAC address 72:37:B8:88:F3:FB, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:37:54 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:37:29 [Admin login] from source 192.168.1.44, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:36:57 [DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address 76:9F:0E:5F:D4:81, Sunday, Dec 31,2023 18:36:32 -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Thanks. I have done this now, the only thing that isn't working, and the one thing I need is the PS5! For some reason it won't pickup an IP address, I either have to manually input on the PS5 or connect to the WIFI. Any idea why? It just appears to my PS5 strangely. I have 2 other PS4s and another PS5 in the household and they are fine connecting with a reserved IP. I did factory reset my XR1000, is it caching something? The only different setting within the OS is that the PS5 is prioritised in QOS, its setup exactly the same way as the other console and connected to the same switch. -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Any news? This is still happening; see another that occurred just now. Log 4th Apr.txt -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Just happened again at 11:25 just now. Unfortunately no logs -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Surely the time disconnected would be longer than a few seconds if they were messing with the connection? The router would need to resync which could take minues? -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Not every day no, seems to be the evening but then that's only noticed because it's the time of day that I will be playing online -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Hi, any news? It happened again tonight around 9:30. log attached LOG 170223.txt -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
I hadn't been gaming much of late but it finally happened again tonight. Log attached, it happened at 23:56 to be exact, can some examine what would happen on the duma to make me DC from the online match I was in? Log.txt -
5 second ‘disconnect’ after 10pm?
banjo22 replied to banjo22's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Hi mate, yes correct, no reboot required, but downtime is enough to upset any online game I'd be in. Unfortunately, I was away for the weekend, so the log file won't be of much use now; when it happens again I will download and post up. XR1000 Thanks -
Hi all. I actually posted this on the Plusnet forums thinking it was a line issue although the responses I received suggest it could be a router issue. The only thing they would think would be happening is a line resync but the disconnect from the internet would be much longer than a few seconds. Below is a copy and paste from that forum. Has anyone experienced such an issue? Hi all, Long-term user of Plusnet due to the reliability of their connection. I game each night, always online, so a resilient network is critical to me, however over the past few weeks, very late into the night, my connection will drop for a second or so, enough to kick me from whatever game I may be in, so it's starting to grate on me somewhat. Wednesday it was 11:25pm, kicked from an online fps game i was in, also the PSN party, this also happened to another console in the house. Last night 10:26pm kicked from a fifa online game Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's the internet as I have my PC open simultaneously, and the ability to access websites isn't possible. I do nothing to restore the connection; it's so quick I would only notice if I were in an online game.I
-
Even this isn't fully working as I just turned the main Xbox on and it's moderate. I haven't touched the other one.
-
Settings>Port Forwarding (Sorry hadn't refreshed the thread)
