Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

quadcopter racing/fpv

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

not sure if this counts as sport yet... but also ties heavily in with gaming with the way you do it.

anyone here into this "hobby"? my uncle introduced me to it this summer and have been flying micros around getting ready to jump into FPV flying. for those who havent seen this yet and just know them as "drones" flown by assholes getting in the way and a public nuisance here is a video from the guy who won the Nationals a few weeks back.

the guy running in the field at the beginning is Charpu who is among the best in the world and also the Animation Director at Dreamworks Studios.

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

i LOVE those videos, saw a TV report about people doing it in the Alps and man it looked SO AWESOME

id really like to try it on my own, although id need some training in flying a quadcoper first lol

any recommendations for entry budget flying? (and FPV too?)

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
I started with a hubsan x4 flying Line of Sight. Smashed it all up, now I have Frankensteined those parts into some frames. That's usually where you start out at. if you get good at a $50 micro you will know if you want to fully take on the big investment.

Then people move into the 250mm racers with the fpv. I however since I live in city and keeping a little cheaper for now and safer am doing a 135mm micro H frame with FPV that I'm building. Then after I master that will start sinking the money into the 250s.

To be honest, it's such a new thing there are zero standards, you really have to cobble your stuff together and fixing stuff is half of the sport. Definately not cheap.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,472 posts

This looks like so much fun! Saw a video about this a month or two ago, will definitely give this a go in the future

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

so just got a FPV rig, setting it up tomorrow for maiden flight! wish me luck!

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

care to post some details in what you bought and how well it worked out for you? :)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,472 posts

so just got a FPV rig, setting it up tomorrow for maiden flight! wish me luck!

Post some vids :D

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

World Clock

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Ha! Have to figure out a DVR for it off the goggles. Maiden flight lasted all of 15 seconds. Got some learning to do!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,472 posts

Gotta start somewhere right! I bet it was an awesome 15 seconds though haha

Technical support:

World Clock

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Oh yeah... It's really an out of body experience. Especially when you see yourself from it.

Thunderwing Doomslayer

Thunderwing Doomslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

nice , i have a few helis and a tbs discovery with extended arms , still need to get some fpv gear .

"netduma the fastest way to lower your rep on xbox live" 

-Thunderwing Doomslayer

GT I itchy I

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Alright, first video of my FPVing. I know I'm no pro yet.
https://youtu.be/fjZDgCOZ9XE

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

aww not available in my country because of copyright problems with the song -_-

will try to find a working proxy for the video

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Hmmm. Hope they don't kill the audio. How do people post all this stuff all the time of music etc and never have problems? This is even an unlisted video.

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

okay, found the youtube music library to avoid copyright claims... and a new video done with a HD camera:

Od1n

Od1n

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

wow aweosme video, really

thanks for sharing!

nice setting for the flight, also what gear did you exactly use as your entry?

this one here? http://www.paragonua...ite-v2-diy-kit/

what what kind of VR did you use?

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

its an Armattan Morphite V2 w/ 224mm arms

SP Racing F3 Flight Controller

Lumineer 2204/2300kv motors

Rotorgeeks RG20 ESCs

FrSky X4R-SB Rx

FX799 200mW vTx

PZ Mini 600tvl CCD Camera

gemfan 5030 props.

Mobius HD Cam

think thats about it on that setup.

i was using FatShark Teleporter V4 goggles.

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

so another video i did today... details in the description. i am doing a Road to Acro series which is full manual mode instead of having the aircraft level itself by its gyro... but its much harder, but worth it as you can be much more precise with much greater control. you can actually see in the videos i have posted where i am "fighting" against the levelling mechanism.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,472 posts

That is really cool, looks like you're doing a great job at flying that yourself too

Technical support:

World Clock

procreate

procreate

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

im the equivalent of my 15yo now learning to drive... i can get it from point A to point B but it isnt always pretty.