Enforce your Friend to pull Host (aka get close Hosts)

Od1n

Credits to Ding Chavez in the XIM Forums for finding this out!

The following is a tutorial that enforces your friend (that hopefully has good connection and is close to you) to pull host in each game

very helpfull eg in Halo MCC CE 2v2 playlist where you face people from across the world + the host advantage is pretty big

as soon as the CE 2v2 list will has ranks my permanent EU host is ready!

ofc there still can be the scenario that someone within this 200km radius is part of the game and pulls host instead
therefore set the region filter to a very small radius to prevent this for the most part

netduma doesn't support cheating

Guest Netduma_Iain

This is considered cheating Od1n please do not do this. We will put in further anti-cheat measures via cloud to make sure you're not doing this if we find people abusing the system in this way. 

Sorry to be douche but we're not trying to give you unfair advantage over other people just a good connection. Forcing your friend host is definitely not fair as your friend could go upload/download and make everyone else lag. 

its not cheating as not you are the one pulling host but a different person

it then depends on how far or close this friend of yours is

also this ofc isnt useable on dedicated server games such as BF4, this a very small fraction of games were you can make use out of this

and with the continuing trend of MM games going dedicated servers this procedure will have less and less impact

Guest Netduma_Iain

This is the difference in my opinion. I'll use myself in the UK as an example

1. If I stop myself connecting to someone in New York for example, is it unfair? No because he doesn't want to connect to me either, the rage is symmetric
  2. If I force everyone in my region to connect to my friend although their is potentially a better host in that region. Is it fair? No because my friend & I as his teammate get an advantage

so with cloud you mean staying .6 or .7 version wont guarantee me to do this right? :/

this kinda sucks for me but i get the point you dont want your product to be labeled a potential cheating device

before everyone looks bad on me i want to further explain for why i dont regard this as cheating

the Xbox One sells like a dead horse in the EU, the PS4 to Xbox One rate in my country is 6:1

from the latest sale-rates you can see that around 60+% of all Xbox Ones being sold are US based, the other 40% are shared across the entire planet

lets say 15-20% max to the EU

so just by sales-nature im on a disadvantage as each game i play will have a majority of US players and therefore the Host will be US too

you say i should use the region filter to prevent this?

fair argument, however the only game i play on my Xbox, Halo MCC has close to 0 EU players in the Halo CE game

when i do a regular search with geo-filter only set to EU i usually dont find any game at all after 23:00 CET, even when waiting 10-15 minutes

therefore i dont see myself putting other players on a noticeable disadvantage when enforcing my EU friend to pull host (who on a sidenote is ~800km away so not really that close)

an US player will just have one unfair game and then will play in other lobbies with fair pings while i constantly play under unfair circumstances otherwise

Halo CE has a huge impact on Ping due to its stone-old netcode, there isnt any lag-comp or so to level the experience for anyone

well sorry that i brought up this Pull Host thing then, i didnt mean to animate anyone to cheat and i guess deleting the topic is most likely the best thing to do

punishing someone for doing this is imo highly questionable, id rather put efforts into preventing this in future firmwares

Guest Netduma_Iain

Od1n we're not going to punish you don't worry. I fully appreciate intent vs action. You meant to help the community & I thank-you for it. Just letting you know our stance on anti-cheating mate.

Please continue to keep up the suggestions mate. 

This is considered cheating Od1n please do not do this. We will put in further anti-cheat measures via cloud to make sure you're not doing this if we find people abusing the system in this way. 

Sorry to be douche but we're not trying to give you unfair advantage over other people just a good connection. Forcing your friend host is definitely not fair as your friend could go upload/download and make everyone else lag. 

You nor the rest of the staff could EVER be hinted as being "douche".

You all are as straight up as they come so please never apologize for the integrity that is flagship with you all.

Archived