Netduma R1 vs XR500 ?

JOSHR3ll

Hello; I already have a Netduma R1 and I am very satisfied with it;
but I would like to go on an XR500 to have more power.
knowing that I do not use the Wifi because I have a Synology MR2200ac for Wifi in AP mode;
will I earn a few ms in the games with this new XR500 compared to my excellent R1 I do not know

your ping is your pingg. Your actual base ping cannot be altered. However the XR500 is far more powerful than the R1 and if you have very fast internet then the R1 could be a bottleneck. Until tomorrow I am on 80down and 20up then I go up to 330down and 50up. so the R1 can cope with my speeds but If I were to go to gigabit speeds then it would not provide full performance.

The R1 is a fantastic router even if the hardware is lacking compared to today's router offerings by Netduma/Netgear.

Happy new year to you and your family!

4 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

your ping is your pingg. Your actual base ping cannot be altered. However the XR500 is far more powerful than the R1 and if you have very fast internet then the R1 could be a bottleneck. Until tomorrow I am on 80down and 20up then I go up to 330down and 50up. so the R1 can cope with my speeds but If I were to go to gigabit speeds then it would not provide full performance.

The R1 is a fantastic router even if the hardware is lacking compared to today's router offerings by Netduma/Netgear.

Happy new year to you and your family!

Thanks you 

in French Polynesia my fiber max is 30mb dll and 3mb upload ; yes that is the max possible in my region... best ping possible i have to NA Los Angels 92ms ; so my Netduma R1 is perfect for that and a XR500 was overated for my network ;