Too many devices?

All,

I have an XR500 been having issues streaming in the evening. Seems to always be in the evening when we are using our network the most. We will stream on our 4K TV and have issues steaming the Big Bang Theory in HD quality on Amazon. Or streaming movies in HDX quality on Vudu. Not to mention this TV is hardwired

now I have 500mb, 125 up FTTH. Cat 6 cabling run through the home, cat 7 cable patch cords and the XR500 router directly connected to the ONT in the basement via cat 6 cabling and a cat 7 patch cord. All fiber is brand new, and the ONT. I have the Xbox prioritized, and QoS set to “when high pri traffic detected”. I also have the sliders adjusted at 85, both up and down. In the flower, I have the Xbox adjust slightly higher then all other devices. 

Ive done two factory resets, that temporarily fixes it and in a few days it’s back to having issues in the evening. Now that’s when we have the most devices online. And we have 23 devices in the home, 3 hardwired. And this is intermittent at random times. I shouldn’t be having issues on fiber internet with bandwidth drops, etc. I’m starting to wonder if I just have too many smart devices and I need to upgrade to a beefier router like the xr700.

photo attached of ONT install

I wouldn’t think it would be ISP network congestion 

354AD8CE-AF5E-4789-87CE-F07BCDCFE2F9.jpeg

• Administrators

I think I see the issue, your QoS is only being applied when you're gaming so if you're not gaming when you're streaming in the evening then QoS won't be applied. Simply change Anti-Bufferbloat to apply always and see if that solves it.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think I see the issue, your QoS is only being applied when you're gaming so if you're not gaming when you're streaming in the evening then QoS won't be applied. Simply change Anti-Bufferbloat to apply always and see if that solves it.

I’ve tried that. Been battling this for weeks. I find that my gaming has been going better with my current QoS settings. So really hesistant to tweak it 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Bdotson5 said:

I’ve tried that. Been battling this for weeks. I find that my gaming has been going better with my current QoS settings. So really hesistant to tweak it 

There won't be a difference, QoS would still be applied when gaming in either scenario. Does always fix the issue?