QoS Question

If i set up my QoS to not share excess and set the upload to 2.0mbps for the PS4 and run a speed test on the console I only get about .773-.933 upload speed. The download comes out at exactly what I set it at. Any reason why or something I could look in to?

• Administrators

Hi Streakz,

A couple of things to check:

1. I assume you have more than 2mbps upload in total (across your entire bandwidth)?
  2. Double check it is still at 2.0mbps on the Bandwidth flower (and click 'Update Distribution')

If it's still not closer, then try increasing it a little bit, perhaps to 3.0mps. It's usually pretty accurate, but 1mbps is not actually that larger an error on an average connection of 50mbps.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Streakz,

A couple of things to check:

1. I assume you have more than 2mbps upload in total (across your entire bandwidth)?
  2. Double check it is still at 2.0mbps on the Bandwidth flower (and click 'Update Distribution')

If it's still not closer, then try increasing it a little bit, perhaps to 3.0mps. It's usually pretty accurate, but 1mbps is not actually that larger an error on an average connection of 50mbps.

Thanks.

ya 150 down 20 up is what I have. I'm still getting around the same when I increase it. I checked and updated again

• Administrators

Could you take a screenshot of your anti-Bufferbloat page please? With the bandwidth allocation set to upload and you have clicked on the device on the left so its panel has opened.