NETDUMA not working! HELP!!!!!

Hello Guys,

I have not used my netduma router in a couple of months. I went to use it now but when i plug it in, i get no beep like i used to and all 6 lights flash with nothing happening. I connected it to my modem and to my laptop and still doesnt work, the lights just keep flashing, all 6 of them

Please help!

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Serban said:

Hello Guys,

I have not used my netduma router in a couple of months. I went to use it now but when i plug it in, i get no beep like i used to and all 6 lights flash with nothing happening. I connected it to my modem and to my laptop and still doesnt work, the lights just keep flashing, all 6 of them

Please help!

Hi Serban, I've replied to your email and we'll continue investigating there. Just in case anyone on the forum has any suggestions though, lets get more information here.

- Do you get Internet access through the Netduma, access the interface or see the Netduma WiFi network?

- Does the factory reset button on the back of the router work?

- Did you have a power outage / lightning strike recently that could have fried the router?

- Is your power adapter connected to a wall socket instead of an extender?

Do you get Internet access through the Netduma, access the interface or see the Netduma WiFi network? 

No, I don’t 

- Does the factory reset button on the back of the router work?

i have tried resetting it from the back. It just flashes and stops. 

- Did you have a power outage / lightning strike recently that could have fried the router?

nope, it hasn’t even been plugged in. It can’t be the power because the lights still flash. 

- Is your power adapter connected to a wall socket instead of an extender?

it is connected to the wall. 

I am not able to accces the Netduma R1 dashboard. I cannot find it in the wifi and nothing happens when i hard wire it either. 

I havent even had this Netduma for 11 months and i used it maybe 5 times. I wish  i could get this working!!!

No problem, I hope I can help you. If not one of the other mods or admins should be  able to fix this.  Sorry the the inconvenience. 

The Issue:

You are unable to reach the netduma dashboard to change any settings!

You've gone to  http://192.168.88.1 and http://r1 and neither work.

Setup:

If possible directly connect via an ethernet cable your computer to your router.

If you don't have an ethernet port on your PC, try to connect to the netduma WIFI.

Mac OS X:

1. Launch Network (Command + Space > Type "Network"

image.png.f1c1b5d57c20bf9fbc32a0224a293c6f.png 

Click on which network you have connected to the R1 (preferably use wired or you  may use the wireless connection  in the pic above).

2. Click Advanced

3. Click TCP/IP

4. On Configure IPv4 dropdown change Using DHCP to Manually

5. On Configure IPv6 dropdown change Automatically to Manually

6. Change all settings to the following:

image.png.fc3b6cd7eb8a15dea864760d2efa414e.png

7. Click OK

8. Open a browser and go to http://192.168.88.1

9. If you are able to access the R1 interface then Factory Reset

• Netduma Staff

Just to clarify this - Serban tried out your suggestions PharmDaggh, cheers for those! We'll be replacing the router since he's within warranty and we've proven it's malfunctioned.

I'll lock this thread as it's been take to emails. Thanks :)