Wifi disconnects

Hi guys.

I have an issue where 2 Windows 10 devices in my house will constantly drop the connect to the R1. I have changed channel. Enabled the WiFi work-around and disabled the WiFi work-around and it is still happening. There are no other wireless devices. Very frustrating when you are trying to download something. Any ideas?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Kenny - so just to clarify have you checked out this guide on the topic? http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

Changing channel can be hit and miss - I'd recommend giving another few channels a try.

Are those two devices far away from the router? Is there anything in between the router and them that could be obstructing or interfering with the connection? Make sure the R1 is out in the open.

Hi Jack

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've checked out the guide, first thing I've tried. It seem's be be Windows 10 devices. My iOS devices do not disconnect. I have tried a few channels but still have the same effect. The router is unobstructed. I'm inclined to think it's W10 related.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've checked out the guide, first thing I've tried. It seem's be be Windows 10 devices. My iOS devices do not disconnect. I have tried a few channels but still have the same effect. The router is unobstructed. I'm inclined to think it's W10 related.

Interesting... Just so you're aware, we've never encountered any type of incompatibility with Windows 10 - I've never seen the two be related in my years of supporting the R1. I'm sceptical that Windows 10 is the cause as a result; it's much more likely to be the way those devices are connected.

Could you talk us through your setup? It should be Modem > Netduma > All Devices. Are there any switches / secondary routers / adapters / repeaters going on?

Could you also let us know what those two Windows 10 devices are? I'll check whether we've had issues with them in the past. Thanks!