Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS Dashboard performance.

Dashboard performance XR500

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

iTz Gandhi

iTz Gandhi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 08:07 PM
Hi, been reading the forums for several months now. Big fan of Fraser and always trying to learn as much as I can. Question about the dashboard..

Is there a limit to how much I can pin and if so could "over pinning" affect the routers performance?

I love the dashboard and I like to have a fair amount of things pinned but I don't want to cause issus.

Thanks in advance.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There is no limit that I am aware of. You should be able to ping every available panel that is able to be pinned to the dashboard. It won't affect the routers performance but loading up the dashboard it would take longer for the panels to load.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

iTz Gandhi

iTz Gandhi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 08:07 PM
Omfg.... I'm in love with a router.

True story... Sad Lyfe.

One more quick question, I just recently (as in the past year).became super interested in networking and routing and network/internet optimization so I'm still fairly new. Question is routers serve as a firewall mostly and an instrument to distribute one public IP into many LAN IPs but they also act as a medium for complete control over ones network and for gamers that's crucial for optimizing network and gaming performance. As technology evolves will routers continue to be a crucial and intrical part of networking or will they become a forgotten technology?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM

I imagine they will continue to be crucial and integral for networking. What you will likely see is their capabilities expand and have features you would expect on a PC but available for the whole network.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dashboard performance, XR500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users