Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Factory Reset

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kahari

Kahari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 01:08 AM

Question: I'm about to upgrade my speeds in my house and wanted to know if I will have to do a factory reset on my router to get the proper settings and readings for the new speeds. Also I had my settings changed etc when I was having problems a few months ago and it's been working like I want it to. Should I back up the settings or what should I do? Or should I do nothing at all?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

You don't need to factory reset therefore no need to change settings. All you need to do is input your new speeds into Anti-Bufferbloats options.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Kahari

Kahari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Ok cool. So is there a way I can run another speed test to get an average speed like when you first set up the router?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

Ok cool. So is there a way I can run another speed test to get an average speed like when you first set up the router?

If you go to Settings > Setup Wizard you can do it there or just do speedtest.net and input results from that

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Kahari

Kahari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Thanks Fraser I appreciate it and your fast responses. Are there any updates on the server issues?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

I did actually manage to reproduce it once so will keep trying so I can pass to the dev team.

Time Converter

Kahari

Kahari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Awesome thanks for the update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users