Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

internet dropout

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

plb

plb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:21 PM

Hi,

I have random connexion dropout which kick me out of games.

My setup is: ISP router > range extender > XR500 > PS4

My range extender is connected to my ISP router by wifi

My range extender and PS4 are connected to my XR500 by cable

I've tried many options dans I don't know what else to do

I'm on firmware V2.3.2.22

Attached Files

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,766 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum! You're getting a ton of packet loss and spikes on that test. Lets try a different setup and try to narrow down the issue.

If you run a pingplotter test with this setup: Modem > XR500 > Wired PC, do you get the same results? You need to try to figure out if this is caused by the range extender, your Modem or the XR500.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

plb

plb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:21 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I can't directly connect to the modem downstairs because it's a share connection from my neighbor.

I tested modem > extender > XR500 > PC and modem > extender > PC

Attached Files

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,766 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 PM

You're going to struggle to get a decent connection with that setup, especially for gaming. You're getting spikes of over 100ms, and those spikes will be caused by upstream equipment or your line. If you just completely remove the XR500 do you still get drop outs? What is the modem you have connected after your XR500?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users