Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geo Filter is Displaying my Friend's Location Incorrectly

Geo filter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Durty

Durty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 04:46 PM

Quick question: Why is my GeoFilter showing my friends location incorrectly? Also, is there anyway to correct this? Thanks!  

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts
  • Local time: 10:46 PM
Their IP is jut incorrectly be located in or cloud database. This is just a visual issue, as long as you add them to your allow list there wont be any problems.

Please provide us with the ID on the ping panel when you click on their icon and their real location. We can update the location in our next cloud update.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Durty

Durty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 04:46 PM

Their IP is jut incorrectly be located in or cloud database. This is just a visual issue, as long as you add them to your allow list there wont be any problems.

Please provide us with the ID on the ping panel when you click on their icon and their real location. We can update the location in our next cloud update.0aadebb64aa9161b

0aadebb64aa9161b is the ID. Moline, Illinois is the correct location. Also, I have a friend who the geo filter will never ping back the info on. Cant get his ID but can see his location.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts
  • Local time: 10:46 PM

0aadebb64aa9161b is the ID. Moline, Illinois is the correct location. Also, I have a friend who the geo filter will never ping back the info on. Cant get his ID but can see his location.

Thanks! It's likely they have an option on their router enabled like do not respond to internet ping requests

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geo filter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users