Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WIFI just vanishes for both 2.4 and 5Ghz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AsNCo

AsNCo

Clubhouse Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Local time: 02:25 AM
  • LocationSingapore

Hi. As the title says, it just vanishes for no apparent reason with no changes made to the wifi itself.
The LED lights were set to off on the router. When i turn it back on, even the Wifi On/Off button at the top is not light up. Pressing the Wifi button just not make it light or nor does it turn the WIFI on.
Any way to fix this?

nIYGF6k.png

AsNCo

AsNCo

Clubhouse Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Ok. I have the backup where the bug occurs. When I reinstalled the backup, the wifi problem comes back. When I reinstall my clean backup, Wifi problem fixed.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
  • Local time: 07:25 PM

Can you upload the config please so I can try to reproduce this in the office on Monday

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

AsNCo

AsNCo

Clubhouse Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Hi. Sure. Sorry for the late reply. Did not have the time to test the backup again due to many home automations in the house depending on WiFi at any point of time.

Alas, I had the time now and I now know how to use the WiFi button on the router. lol

So it seems the backup settings are useless in this situation to replicate the bug that turned off WiFi by itself. For now, I'll rule it out as maybe my cat was curious and stepped on the router's WiFi button for 2 seconds that turned off the WiFi for now. But if the issue resurfaces, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks once again for the fast response.!  :)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
  • Local time: 07:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear it seems to have been resolved. Keep us posted :)

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users