Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Couple of Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

rousey

rousey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 PM

Hi guys, 

Quick questions of things i've noticed since having the XR500. Firstly is it possible that some dedicated servers could appear that are showing as peer? I ask because I was playing WW2 last night on the PS4 and I noticed I was constantly connected to peers but after looking at the domain I noticed it saying multiplay uk rather than unnamed so my inner Sherlock looked online and it looked like a game server company 

Secondly when in a party that i'm hosting all the peers show that they are within my geo filter but my friend who is also in the party with spectating mode on can see that people within the party are well outside of the geo filter is there any chance you could explain that? 

Thanks as always  :)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 PM

1. Yes that's absolutely possible, good work Sherlock!  :P If you provide us with the ID's of any that you find then we can add them to the dedicated server cloud.

2. Could be your locations/radius distance are different. That would make sense. Otherwise the cloud applies the same across all devices so wouldn't show the same IPs in different locations. Unless the cloud versions were different but this is unlikely. Flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map just in case.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users