Support for 10.x.x.x LAN Addressing

• Netduma Staff

I run an internal network in the 10.x.x.x range. I note from one of the videos that the netduma only supports 192.168.x.x LAN addresses. Is this still the case? If so, could you add 10.x.x.x addressing as this is preventing me from purchasing.

At the moment it only supports in the 192.168.x.x. The Netduma creates its own network so for most people this isn't an issue but if you really want the network to be in the 10.x.x.x range you would have to wait for an upgrade if it's something that is added  :)

• Administrators

Hi Sword of Judah,

Can you explain your setup please? Remember the Netduma is a router so it can never be on the same subnet as the other router. For example

modem > other router > Netduma

If the other router is on 10.0.0.1/24 then the Netduma cannot have that as its LAN address because routers can only forward packets across different networks. 

Hi Sword of Judah,

Can you explain your setup please? Remember the Netduma is a router so it can never be on the same subnet as the other router. For example

modem > other router > Netduma

If the other router is on 10.0.0.1/24 then the Netduma cannot have that as its LAN address because routers can only forward packets across different networks. 

Hi,

I have a question that's on this same path.  Suppose I want to use my own Wireless Router due to speed (802.11AC and all that).  Can I connect it as such:

Modem > Netduma > Home Router (HR)

As long as I set the WAN port on my HR to the 192.168.88.0/24 subnet (or just set it to DHCP), and then set my LAN ports (and WLAN) to the 10.1.1.0/24 subnet, I should be good, right?

Also, can the Wireless LAN feature on the Netduma be disabled?

Hi,

I have a question that's on this same path.  Suppose I want to use my own Wireless Router due to speed (802.11AC and all that).  Can I connect it as such:

Modem > Netduma > Home Router (HR)

As long as I set the WAN port on my HR to the 192.168.88.0/24 subnet (or just set it to DHCP), and then set my LAN ports (and WLAN) to the 10.1.1.0/24 subnet, I should be good, right?

Also, can the Wireless LAN feature on the Netduma be disabled?

You can do it that way and then disable the dhcp server on the AC router which turns it into an access point so all your devices can see eachother and the netduma handles all the dhcp requests. You'd go modem> netduma wan port>AC router lan port

• Administrators

Maz is right access point mode is the way to go. If you can't do that your setup is correct although on the WAN side I'd just have DHCP enabled on the other router. 

Archived