Need help with setting up Verizon Fios VOD on Netduma

I have the triple play package with Verizon Fios Quantum TV, 150/150 internet, and phone service.

I have successfully got the G1100 bridged and have my primary router, a Netduma R1, doing all IP distribution, I even have on screen caller ID and Remote DVR functions working.

I gave static IP addresses to both STB boxes, the same they were when behind the G1100.

My VMS and IPC are both receiving guide data and VOD information, however this is the only problem I am having, which is once I hit play on the selected video nothing happens.

I had one guy help me out and I will link it here to see what his finding were, since he explained it much better then I ever could.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/I-want-to-use-my-own-router-and-keep-tv-guide/m-p/831600/highlight/false#M63460

Do you guys think you can help me with this.

I look forward to any help you can provide.

Turn off turbo mode in misc settings and see if it plays

Wow 3 days of trying to figure this out and all it took was one click in the options. Not sure if this will now affect my speeds but it works lol.

Curious as to why this was happening though.

Thank you for the quick response.

Wow 3 days of trying to figure this out and all it took was one click in the options. Not sure if this will now affect my speeds but it works lol.

Thank you for the quick response.

No problem lol just a lucky guess honestly... I think it will cut your speeds in half. But I believe Netduma is working on a fix for it because it seems to effect AT&T wifi calling on iPhones also.

By the way... F%$K you for having Fios lol

No problem lol just a lucky guess honestly... I think it will cut your speeds in half. But I believe Netduma is working on a fix for it because it seems to effect AT&T wifi calling on iPhones also.

By the way... F%$K you for having Fios lol

Yeah it does cut them in half, but it's good to know I can just untick that option if I ever want to play a VOD.

I still wonder what may cause this issue, maybe Ian or Fraser can chime in when they aren't too busy and respond as to why this is happening.

I do hope however that they implement a permanent fix since it is a inconvenience. 

Yeah it does cut them in half, but it's good to know I can just untick that option if I ever want to play a VOD.

I still wonder what may cause this issue, maybe Ian or Fraser can chime in when they aren't too busy and respond as to why this is happening.

I do hope however that they implement a permanent fix since it is a inconvenience. 

I'm sure they will later this morning

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad your issue has been resolved. It has been marked as a bug so for DumaOS we'll definitely try to get that resolved. In regards to why it happens (I'm not a dev so don't take my word for it), I think it's due to the way it drops packets. So unfortunately for you it's dropping packets that are actually important

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad your issue has been resolved. It has been marked as a bug so for DumaOS we'll definitely try to get that resolved. In regards to why it happens (I'm not a dev so don't take my word for it), I think it's due to the way it drops packets. So unfortunately for you it's dropping packets that are actually important

I mean it's a band aid fix for now, certainly hope this is fixed with the upcoming release of the DumaOS. So what exactly does Turbo Mode really do, drops packets?, that is causing this issue.

• Administrators

I mean it's a band aid fix for now, certainly hope this is fixed with the upcoming release of the DumaOS. So what exactly does Turbo Mode really do, drops packets?, that is causing this issue.

I don't know how it works exactly, I just know that it allows for higher speeds and that I think the issue comes from dropped packets with turbo on. It is a bug so will look into it for DumaOS.