Greetings Everyone! 

Request for next update would be to allow the end user to quickly isolate those that have a high ping showing in the Peer Ping Bar chart, by selecting the bar itself within the bar graph.  

1st before starting the game (Destiny) I did a general test, to see if there was any issues. 

post-11376-0-44635900-1483375101_thumb.jpg

2nd, Prior to initiating the game I did the bloat test on DSL Reports and have the following results;

post-11376-0-77555300-1483374964_thumb.jpg

Entered the game and was doing well for the first minute or so, then started losing every engagement. I switched monitors and saw the following, in the PeerPing bar chart. 

post-11376-0-84605000-1483375199_thumb.jpg

No fun getting slaughtered, in a game were a mercy is going to be called,  cause you can't take out the opponent.  Tried a second game and this was the finding after encountering the same thing. 

post-11376-0-63383600-1483375327_thumb.jpg

So here I am on the map trying to find which circle is tied to which ping. I tried clicking on the bar to log it as bad, and nothing. Hence my request. 

In the Peer Ping map, a great feature would be to allow the end user to click on the bar with the high ping, and it register the distance, and color code the circle on the GeoFilter. This would make the identification process fast, and efficient. It also prevents the end user from getting kicked from the game, for inactivity (Not like it matters in games like that) because your to busy clicking on the circles trying to find the bad ping. Only to loose it all after you've been removed from the game. 

Note I did an internet health check to see if the carrier was encountering any issues - Negative no issues. 

The DSL report score was good, and normally I don't have issues that significant. 

If the color coded feature is already available, please point me in the right direction so I can better utilize this capability. 

Thanks Guys! Keep up the Great Work, and Hope everyone enjoys the New Year with laughter, and fond memories. 

Regards

• Administrators

Hey just a few things, the Internet diagnosis test shows you have some packet loss - this is obviously not ideal and can definitely have a negative impact on your game which could have been what happened here or it could just be the Google server acting up. Would recommend running a program called PingPlotter and testing some other servers to see if you see the same packet loss or if it was just the Google server.

You may have A+ etc on the bufferbloat test prior to more heavily using the internet so this may not stay the case in game. I'm not sure what you had your CC set to but would normally recommend 70/70 anti-flood which will ensure no devices cause you to lag. Also put your console in hyper traffic if you haven't already. 

Those ping peers are very high, this could be accurate or a graphical glitch. What did the in game connection bars look like? Did they seem to corroborate what you saw on the ping graphs?

That feature has been requested quite a bit before so it is highly likely to make it into DumaOS :)

Archived