A serious cycle bug. The sometimes stuff happens thread

No one is in the chat at this time of the morning so I will post it here. I read in the XIM forum and here sporadic eratic things that happen like connection suddenly gets worse, from one time to another the bullets dont hit etc. I think this is related to a problem I have with airvideo on the Ipad over an extender. 

It is practically impossible to watch longer than 10 minutes as airvideo stalls and exits. Now airvideo is a sturdy little app that streams even bluerays over 3G if it must full featured settings. It never stalled on me never in 7 years. With netduma it does with 3bars of reception.

So there is some cycle on the netduma that breaks stuff as it works flawlessly and then because of something the Duma does it kills the Wifi. I suspect this bug to be bad for gaming too whatever this is.

Will be a hard bug to track but it has to be found.

From what it feels like its some overflow as I could use airvideo 10 minutes then it stalled and after that I could only watch maybe 10 secs before the next stall.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think most people are only noticing this on apple products. Furthermore the far marjority of people are using wired for gaming which is completely unaffected by this.I will be looking into it soon.

Happy holidays!

There are reported issues with Apple products and the wireless chipset in this router, there are some solutions and they are mostly configuration in the router wifi.  The fix will come with more wifi options or with some help from Iain who is working on WiFi soon.

There are reported issues with Apple products and the wireless chipset in this router, there are some solutions and they are mostly configuration in the router wifi.  The fix will come with more wifi options or with some help from Iain who is working on WiFi soon.

Hi Abc,

i just want to clarify something here so other people don't get the wrong idea, there isn't an issue with the chipset and apple products per se the issue is with apple products and they way they handle connecting to wifi, the same thing happens in a lot of other brands of home consumer and pro routers as well. ( It relates to the issue ios8 once again introduced as to way the net is now awahs with people on ios8 with wifi issues)

Yes you are right in saying the issue can be fixed with a change to the wifi configuration and some back end tinkering on the router . I'm going to have a chat with Iain tomorrow but i'm pretty certain the issue is with the Aes Encyrption and the SSid not being in caps for apple products (dont ask) and possibly something to do with changing the TKIP .

Trust me on this we will get to the bottom of it and fix asap as my other half is an apple fan and my life would be a living hell if she cant stream netflix ;)

Hi Abc,

i just want to clarify something here so other people don't get the wrong idea, there isn't an issue with the chipset and apple products per se the issue is with apple products and they way they handle connecting to wifi, the same thing happens in a lot of other brands of home consumer and pro routers as well. ( It relates to the issue ios8 once again introduced as to way the net is now awahs with people on ios8 with wifi issues)

Yes you are right in saying the issue can be fixed with a change to the wifi configuration and some back end tinkering on the router . I'm going to have a chat with Iain tomorrow but i'm pretty certain the issue is with the Aes Encyrption and the SSid not being in caps for apple products (dont ask) and possibly something to do with changing the TKIP .

Trust me on this we will get to the bottom of it and fix asap as my other half is an apple fan and my life would be a living hell if she cant stream netflix ;)

Yes, sorry for not clarifying...this is actually not just iOS but an Apple issue.  In this specific case it is iOS7 and iOS8, not other apple products.

TKIP needs to be disabled

AES needs to be the encryption method for WPA2

want to read more about the issue? https://medium.com/@mariociabarra/wifried-ios-8-wifi-performance-issues-3029a164ce94

I had the issue in a movie three times yesterday. The workaround is to turn off wifi, turn it back on again and reatrt the program that stalled the movie.

a log of the the kernel would definitely help to debug this. (for iain) i'm sure they can get that and solve the issue.

post-168-0-03812400-1420013378_thumb.png

This is the issue roads is describing, it is a misconfiguration, but a complete drop of wifi and signal quality/noise raises.

This once again isn't a hardware issue and can be resolved.  Just posting more information on this situation, DON'T PANIC.

post-168-0-28671800-1420013766_thumb.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

Brilliant work abc, I will get on that first thing in the New Year. V1.02.6 comes out today. So next plans are wifi, device prio at high speeds and adding VPN providers to basic. Then its time to start adding feature requests :)

I recommend abc123 as Forum admin he has a short record of theft as well as burglary but hes OK otherwise.  Hes in the US so hes active when you guys salivate on the pillows.

i do recommend him too, i know abc for quite some years through the XIM forums now and ive yet to find a post of him being agressive or offensive :)

hes also highly dedicated to this forum and the progress of the product

(abc you pay me for this later, you should still have my paypal adress from the last time :P )

i do recommend him too, i know abc for quite some years through the XIM forums now and ive yet to find a post of him being agressive or offensive :)

hes also highly dedicated to this forum and the progress of the product

(abc you pay me for this later, you should still have my paypal adress from the last time :P )

lol, thanks for the vote of confidence from you and roads.  you'll are trying to get brownie points or something :)

Archived