suggestion: Indication of Outside-Players

unsure if already suggested

when using Ping Assist you often get connected to players outside your region filter distance (depending on the ping you set ofc!)

the Geo-Filter map however doesnt show those players properly, they pop-up for 2-3 seconds with the exclamation triangle symbol and then vanish from the map entirely

that sort of sucks a bit, i would like to have all players permanently highlighted that participate in my current game

right now only the people within the Geo-Filter range are highlighted, those from outside with Ping Assist arent shown as permanent circles or triangles

you can test this by setting your Geo-Filter distance to 111km and your Ping Assist to 100ms

you should find games pretty quickly yet none of the players in your lobby can be seen in the Geo-Filter map and therefore set to Allow or Avoid

(unless someone within the 111km connects to the game ofc)

true but in a P2P game any of the people you play with in a lobby can sometime in the future end up being your host

so its nice to avoid or deny them for the future :)

also this suggested more directed towards to see from where people are connection and stuff, right now the triangles do vanish almost instantly which doesnt help that much

id love to have them stay for a few more time to see whos in your game or not :)

true but in a P2P game any of the people you play with in a lobby can sometime in the future end up being your host

so its nice to avoid or deny them for the future :)

This could be used maliciously so isn't something we would really consider .

i see

but what happens when you play a P2P game and a person from outside the region filter range pulls host?

the worldmap wont list this person then, he/she will pop up as a exclamation mark for 2 seconds during the lobby creation and then vanish entirely

ping assist is great but imo it somewhat destroys the interpretation accuracy on what can be seen and judged on the worldmap (regarding players)

you play a 4v4 with ping assist and just 4 people are within the region range and therefore visible on the worldmap, on the other 3 people you have 0 information as you cannot ping them or something

so how about a compromis?

people from outside the region range are constantly indicated but cannot be rated into Allow or Deny

that way you at least can grab their ping and stuff

If you play a supported p2p game, then a host won't be selected from outside the geo-filter radius. It works the same as any server basically is my understanding and experience from MCC when not on a dedicated server.

As long as host remains within the geo-filter radius then the location of other players is nice to know but not critical (imo).

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Od1n, the yellow triangles are not ping assisted, they are blocked by distance. Ping assisted come up as circles with a dotted outline mate

hmmm i see, then my problem is more likely because of the MCC not fully supported maybe?

cause i can ping exclamation-mark-triangle symbols that via ping assist do make it into the game if i manage to click on them before they vanish

at least i think they made it into my game, usually just 3 circles are up in my region range yet 6 players are playing in my game

though that the other 2 came from ping assist outside the region range and i cannot see them on the world map

(my range is usually 2000km with 60ms ping assist, so not that unlikely someone outside of it has a lower ping)

i also forgot people from outside the region cannot host, my bad :)

Hi Od1n, the yellow triangles are not ping assisted, they are blocked by distance. Ping assisted come up as circles with a dotted outline mate

Sorry Iain, correct me here if wrong but is it that the yellow triangles are blocked from being host in the game but could very well be players in said game?

Sorry Iain, correct me here if wrong but is it that the yellow triangles are blocked from being host in the game but could very well be players in said game? Which is what I think Od1n means.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Od1n, yes buds is correct they can still be the game they just won't be host. Only in truly P2P games like destiny does every player have to be within your circle.

You can still ping yellow-triangles just because we let you but there blocked from the game itself. Does that help mate?

yes i understood the system now thanks :)

i only wished the yellow-triangles wouldnt vanish so fast from the worldmap, this would give you more information for eg how the matchmaking system works and stuff

you know something similar to dormant hosts, which sort of gives you a similar insight :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Glad to see you understand the system now :)

Also, thanks for the ideas, if its a highly requested feature we will add it to the list :)

Archived