.7 Beta question

JP003

Hi

Not sure if anyone has brought this up so here goes.

Why is it i am unable to block the ps4 game servers?

Ive noticed the ps4 games servers are permanently dotted all over the geo filter map and even though my filter is set to 200 miles I am going into games on Advanced warfare on servers outside the geo filter!!

I was under the impression that the geo filter should stop this.  Can anyone confirm if the same is happening to them?

JP

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi JP

Have you selected the "xbox live PA" or "playstation network PA" as your service instead of "Xbox Live" or "Playstation network"?

I think it was said not to do it that way, so you had to choose one or the other. Can some one confirm?

Thats correct. Having both could lead to screwy behaviour.

You'll need to delete the device from your router (which will clear the two entries) and then add back in only one.

Ive been running both since .7 came out and its been running okay.  The PS4 servers on the geo filter are definately coming up on the Playstation network service not the PA one!

Surely you can have both services setup and you can enable and disable which ever one you want to use at the time?!

Guest Netduma_Iain

JP I think you misunderstand what PA does.

The PA will look for hosts outside your GF that fall under the ping assist value you set. The geo-filter still works, so I insist you have one service the PA one and if you don't like it set the PA to 0ms. If PA is 0ms its impossible to get a ping assisted host so it behaves exactly the same was as before.

Hope that helps :)

So let me get this right.  If I use the PA service the geo filter still works but the PA allows you to search for a game outside the geo filter range but within the PA setting?

Wow I have been using both services running together side by side lol.

I will try running the service as you said using the PA under the assumption that the geo filter still does its job and see if I still get put into PS4 servers outside the geo filter, if i do I assume thats because the ping is under what I have set it at?

Strange that the PS4 servers that I have been joining to are the same colour as the geo filter setup and not the PA setup.

Will I have to reinstall the services or can I just disable the playstation network service and enable the PA one?

Kind regards

JP

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi JP,

Yes you got it, the GF still works PA just lets you find things outside if they fall below it. So setting it to 0ms makes that effectively impossible ergo it disables it :) You don't need to delete it, just disable the non PA version and you're sorted.

The colours of circles matches the service at the top, so you'll notice the top left one is red for example buddy

Hope that helps

Thats great thanks buddy

Yea i noticed the colours match the service which was why i thought there was a problem with the geo filter as it was the red one that was showing the ps4 servers and thats the one that was just playstation network and my green one is the PA one.

So should i be able to block the PS4 game servers cause there was no option to add them into my allow and deny section?  If so I take it that it wasnt working correctly due to me having both playstation network and PA running together?

Thanks for all your help  :D

Thats great thanks buddy

Yea i noticed the colours match the service which was why i thought there was a problem with the geo filter as it was the red one that was showing the ps4 servers and thats the one that was just playstation network and my green one is the PA one.

So should i be able to block the PS4 game servers cause there was no option to add them into my allow and deny section?  If so I take it that it wasnt working correctly due to me having both playstation network and PA running together?

Thanks for all your help  :D

You can't block a dedicated server so not having the option to allow / deny them was correct.

Im sorry but the PA does not seem to work correctly!!!

I have my PA on 20mS ping and my geo filter range set to 200 miles

I just got put into a game server outside the filter range and when i pinged the server it was at like 40 plus!!!

Im sorry but the PA does not seem to work correctly!!!

I have my PA on 20mS ping and my geo filter range set to 200 miles

I just got put into a game server outside the filter range and when i pinged the server it was at like 40 plus!!!

Set it up like this and you'll be good to go...

Also make sure that the red box for enable/disable says DISABLE when you are playing. That means the geo filter is ON.

http://i.imgur.com/LIc29hs.jpg

LIc29hs.jpg

Have you tried moving your home location to somewhere else to try and avoid the hosts?

If they are outside the filter range surely i shouldnt have to move my home location!

Another really annoying thing is I get put into a game and I appear to have a great connection and am top of the leaderboards and i get kicked half way through for no apparent reason.  I now find myself turning the service off once in a game to avoid this happening.

Guest Netduma_Iain

JP003, the ping assist will look for a minimum ping of what you set it to. So if the host ever had a ping that low and its seen it will be let through. Its your call though, if you don't like the ping assist don't use it. Some people use it exclusively, others disable it, its your choice.

When you get kicked look for a padlock, I'd recommend keeping your geo-fitler within the range of the padlock. Its likely you were on a player host and made the host quit by dominating too hard, but the next host was not within your range. So disabling between games is a good solution to stopping that completely, you can also try changing strict mode. But basically when it changes host you'll be put on a host you dont want(outside your filter), but the control is yours. 

Set it up like this and you'll be good to go...

Also make sure that the red box for enable/disable says DISABLE when you are playing. That means the geo filter is ON.

http://i.imgur.com/LIc29hs.jpg

LIc29hs.jpg

Mazdamiata210,

What is that 4th symbol all the way to the right in your picture next to the magnification and your home? Looks like "thumbs down". I've never seen that before.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Mazdamiata210,

What is that 4th symbol all the way to the right in your picture next to the magnification and your home? Looks like "thumbs down". I've never seen that before.

Its allows him to send us data at the push of the button to better optimise our cloud :)

Mazdamiata210,

Nothing to worry about, you won't see that.

Archived