netduma and bt tv youview

H, I'm on bt infinity in the UK. I've set up my netduma using an open reach modem. Worked fine however I could not longer receive my bt tv channels on my bt youview box when connected to netduma. I rang bt and got told the only way I can watch those channels is to have a home hub connected.is this the case? So I connected my homehub 5 and disabled wifi. I set up dmz on the netduma. I don't want to use the homehub but this is the only way I get everything to work it seems. Will I need to disable the firewall inside the homehub 5? I do have open nat on xbox one and cod AW With it enabled. Cheers

Guest Netduma Fraser

H, I'm on bt infinity in the UK. I've set up my netduma using an open reach modem. Worked fine however I could not longer receive my bt tv channels on my bt youview box when connected to netduma. I rang bt and got told the only way I can watch those channels is to have a home hub connected.is this the case? So I connected my homehub 5 and disabled wifi. I set up dmz on the netduma. I don't want to use the homehub but this is the only way I get everything to work it seems. Will I need to disable the firewall inside the homehub 5? I do have open nat on xbox one and cod AW With it enabled. Cheers

Hey thanks for posting :) I am not familiar with BT TV maybe someone who is can post however ill give my input. 

So you're on modem > hh5 (tv box) > netduma (other devices) correct? 

You did the right thing in regards to adding it back in and if youve got open nat i would say dont do anything. If it is the case that your home hub has to be used in order to receive TV channels then I dont think theres much else you can do but youve got the best setup if you do have to use it so I wouldnt worry :)

Hopefully others may have a way around it :)

Homehub5>netduma.

I'm using the homehub5 as my modem as I luckily have both that and the hub4 with separate modem to play about with :-). Out of the hub 5 is netduma by Ethernet which I set up dmz as I use that for all purposes now (it's so much better). I also had to plug bt tv into hub 5 via Ethernet too As It would not work going through the netduma. Cheers on quick response, I do believe I have it set up the best I can do.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Homehub5>netduma.

I'm using the homehub5 as my modem as I luckily have both that and the hub4 with separate modem to play about with :-). Out of the hub 5 is netduma by Ethernet which I set up dmz as I use that for all purposes now (it's so much better). I also had to plug bt tv into hub 5 via Ethernet too As It would not work going through the netduma. Cheers on quick response, I do believe I have it set up the best I can do.

Ahh okay great, yeah it does seem thats the best setup you can do :)

I rang bt and got told the only way I can watch those channels is to have a home hub connected.is this the case? 

Bt lied to you, because they wont tell you how to use another router other than the bt one and that in doing so will explain just how screwy their systems are

you can use any router with bt vision,  the ONLY thing you need to make sure is there is ample bandwidth for it, bt vision has built in qos which is handled by bt not the router, so if it detects there isnt enough it wont connect. The ONLY thing the home hub does is a weird qos on the UPSTREAM which is hard coded into the homehubs lan port so as long as you give the btvi enough upstream bandwidth you should be fine 

Hey, I'm on BT too and my setup is exactly the same as you to get my HH5 to work BT TV, I got firewall enabled tho and have not changed it and it works fine for me although I reboot the HH5 everyday or so as its rubbish and I can tell the difference

Archived