VPN-Hybrid problems.

Hello, I'm trying to use VPN Hybrid, but it is not working successfully. When I log into my VPN on my router it goes through and works, but when I try to exempt my ps4 it does not work at all. I tried adding exemptions for each port that I'm port forwarding my ps4 through, I tried exempting video game source, I've add exempts for many different ports, but my ps4 when doing a connection test is only getting 2.4 to 4.8 down and either the same for the up or less, and I cannot connect to any games at all.

Are you sure vpn is enabled for your ps4? Have you tried accessing your consoles browser and checking the ip through that? What ports are you opening?

Yes it is. I haven't tried that yet.

Do you want the VPN enabled on the PS4? And 2.4Mbps is plenty for gaming. The reason that you might not be able to connect to games is because the VPN could be blocking the ports.

No, i want my ps4 excluded from the VPN, that and for my streaming on my PC, but I'm not sure if that gets excluded on my pc either, but here's my screenshot of what I've tried on my ps4 to get it excluded from the VPN.

post-5084-0-71626600-1448893146_thumb.jpg

Yeah. that's right. If the PS4 isn't selected on the VPN page then it won't be enabled for VPN :)

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I'm stupid. See, I thought it was the other way around. Thanks for clearing things up. Is there any DMZ being added in the future? Just wondering. Besides the alternative to running another router.

• Netduma Staff

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I'm stupid. See, I thought it was the other way around. Thanks for clearing things up. Is there any DMZ being added in the future? Just wondering. Besides the alternative to running another router.

Great, so is it working now? :) Yeah, DMZ is on the ticket system here.

• Netduma Staff

Oh, man, if you guys added DMZ it would be perfect. I haven't tried it yet, I switched from PIA to IPVanish because their speeds are better, so I was wondering do you guys support PPTP or just OpenVPN?

At the moment the Netduma just as Open VPN but PPTP is on the ticket system to be added.

At the moment the Netduma just as Open VPN but PPTP is on the ticket system to be added.

Okay, cool. I have another question about congestion control, should I make another topic? I'm just confused is all because i'll set my pc to 100% just to test it out then do a speed test and it'll only get 1% of my download as a result.

• Netduma Staff

Okay, cool. I have another question about congestion control, should I make another topic? I'm just confused is all because i'll set my pc to 100% just to test it out then do a speed test and it'll only get 1% of my download as a result.

It's a known issue and apparently it is getting a fix in the next update :)

Archived