A few questions :)

bagsta69

Hi team, I have been enjoying using my R1 for a few days now and have a few questions if I may.

If there are no large circles on the map then can I assume I am host?

If I cannot update my ratings for a host then that host is a dedicated server?

How do I check that my PA (ping Assist is working)

Is the little radiation symbol a possible PA host?

Why is it that sometimes there are no hosts showing on the map but I can get into a game fine?

Do I have to refresh my browser afetr every game to see the last host?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, Bagsta

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey bagsta69,

If there are not hosts showing the main reason i can think of is that you have "unticked" the show host button on the geo-filter page. If you are the host of a game there should be lots of hosts showing where as if you was not the host there should only one host showing. You can not update the ratings for a dedicated server no. When you are connect to a host, which are you using ping assist for the host should appear dotted circle. Also you shouldn't have to refresh your browser after every game. If you mean the "radiation sign" as a yellow triangle with a "!" in it then it means the host is blocked but if you are not then it could mean a dormant host with PA.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you Fraser, I have show host button ticked as standard, probably my laptop!!!

WOW, I must host a lot of games.

Had a fair few dotted circles that fall within the geo filter area, Never seen any yellow on any map so must be dormant PA hosts. Get them from South Africa, Australia and USA. I am in UK.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Out of curiosity. How often do you guys host a game? (AW) 

Very rarely, I dont get to play enough to host that much most of the time :P

Guest Netduma Fraser

Pls remind me how can you tell you're hosting? All circles pulsating?

They will all be the same size circle instead of the big one that is usually the host and yes they will be pulsating :)

Archived