Can you recommend a PC or PC Spec's for YouTube/Streaming...?

DogginRocks

A few years ago I purchased a PC to be able to upload to YouTube...

When I first started my YouTube channel I purchased a PC that is rather poor, because the PC I had at the time had bust, but money was a massive issue and I needed to be able to upload.

Since then, my needs have changed!

I still upload to YouTube. I burn the video file back to my PC (from Sony Vegas) before I upload. From finishing editing my video, to actually having the video on my channel, takes roughly 12 hours!

I'm finding it hard to upload regularly because the process of creating and uploading takes FOREVER!

I also stream on Twitch.tv, (or I did), but again my PC lets me down! I originally started streaming through my PlayStation 4, when I switched over to Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), my viewers complained about the quality of my stream. Some of this was due to my ISP at the time, so I stopped streaming!

Now I have the Netduma, and the different features which help me stream, I would like to start streaming again. At the moment I can't afford the ElgatoHD60 (because I'm trying to save for a better PC), which would combat the need for OBS and still allow me to use my Blue Yeti mic (as apposed to PS Camera), use my overlays and other features..

The PC I have has an i3 processor but no real didicated graphics or any other feature worth mentioning!

So here is my question...?

What PC spec's are a MUST HAVE  when it comes to purchasing my next PC?

The PC will mainly be used by myself for streaming/uploading, but will also be the main PC in my home for general use! I do want to be able to play PC games, but nothing as severe as AAA titles! I have a gaming mouse, gaming keyboard and a monitor, so I am only in need of the PC stack.

I don't want to overpay for an amazing PC which has specifications above and beyond anything I'm ever going to need! But, I do want it to do the job, and MASSIVELY reduce my edit/upload time AND increase the quality of my stream. I may also want to stream any PC games I may wish to play!

If anybody could help me with (minimum required spec's) or even suggest a PC which will do the job, I would much appreciate the help!

P.S. My budget for a new PC would be up to £1000 / $1500 (but if I could satisfy my requirements AND save money that would be amazing)! I could then move onto saving for other items for my gaming set up! :D

mazdamiata210 - Thanks for the reply! Just a bit busy at this very moment so I'll check all your recommendations a little later!

I suppose purchasing each item individually would also allow me to save in sections and buy the items when I have the funds, as apposed to having to save the whole amount and not being able to touch the money if 'Life' throws a financial crisis my way! lol

Is each item the minimum required? or is each item above and beyond the minimum I need?

Thanks for your help by the way! :)

mazdamiata210 - Thanks for the reply! Just a bit busy at this very moment so I'll check all your recommendations a little later!

I suppose purchasing each item individually would also allow me to save in sections and buy the items when I have the funds, as apposed to having to save the whole amount and not being able to touch the money if 'Life' throws a financial crisis my way! lol

Is each item the minimum required? or is each item above and beyond the minimum I need?

Thanks for your help by the way! :)

It's what you need to get the job done. You can never go overboard when it comes to building a PC. The parts you pick out now are already out dated.

Archived