HMA Problems :(

I just got my NETDUMA and signed up for HMA. I put in the server I want to connect to, I entered my username and password (tried the normal password and the one they give for PPTP)

But I keep getting this:

Sat Nov 21 22:24:02 2015 WARNING: file '/tmp/vpncred' is group or others accessible
Sat Nov 21 22:24:02 2015 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Sat Nov 21 22:24:02 2015 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->131072] S=[16384->131072]
Sat Nov 21 22:24:02 2015 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]174.140.161.2:443 [nonblock]
Sat Nov 21 22:24:12 2015 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]174.140.161.2:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection timed out

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

I have tried a few different servers. With the information I use to login. Is there something else I could be doing wrong?

Edit: so even when I change the server and login info it looks like it's not changing is there a way to reset the info and reselect everything?

Sorry for the double post, but I just let it keep loading and it said "Failed to communicate with router." 

Edit: I have tried turning off firewall and anti-virus, unticking enable, rebooted router and tried again. Still same thing.

So after factory resetting 2 or 3 times with it saying "Failed to communicate with router." finally I was able to edit things without it saying that, to fix the VPN not working I tried manually entering the HMA config and username and password I was finally able to connect. Does the easy HMA stuff download the config from them or do you guys store it somewhere? Maybe if you store it yours might be outdated ? 

• Netduma Staff

So after factory resetting 2 or 3 times with it saying "Failed to communicate with router." finally I was able to edit things without it saying that, to fix the VPN not working I tried manually entering the HMA config and username and password I was finally able to connect. Does the easy HMA stuff download the config from them or do you guys store it somewhere? Maybe if you store it yours might be outdated ? 

I believe that it is stored separately from the HMA ones. There is a ticket here to have them updated and some more VPN providers added.

Archived