Ghost Host?

BLCUSF

I game on a PC and not Consoles.  Play Advanced Warfare.

I believe there are now dedicated servers as I seem to be playing in the same hosts.

However with the photo below, I always get this one dot Top Left (Washington State) that has been there the last week or so.

Now a second dot (California) below it is starting to show up as well. I never see them as host as well, they are there even when I am not playing.

Below is a screenshot with me not playing, I am connected to Steam but my game is not loaded.  My service is "XBOX Live PA". I have tried changing this and refreshing the Geo page but still there.

As well I tried to disable auto cloud but still these 2 dots remain.  Does anyone know what these may be?  

i-7Gdh557-L.png

• Netduma Staff

So I talked to you in chat about this, and it seems like that circle is probably a server of some sort. You said that it is always there but is never host so maybe a matchmaking server, or a backend server that hols stats, emblems and other important data. It probably hasn't been identified as a server yet, which is why in chat you said you are able to update it.

It could be that you are in a game with someone which is why you see the circle, because they are the host in the lobby, but you said that you are not in a game so this is unlikely.

Probably a server that has not been classified.

I game on XBOX Live and that circle has been host for me before plenty of times, and it's amazing to play on. mostly when I use PA. If it weren't for my spikes It averages a 12ms ping. I have played some bad games on it, but mostly good.

Archived