I have absolutely no idea what to do...

Just got the R1. Got it putting out a signal.. but from there I am full of Fail. Please help

sigh theres always one isn't there :P

Ok so you're hooked up and have internet correct? 

have you hooked up anything else either with wifi or wired?

Guest Netduma Fraser

So the R1 wireless is showing up? Can you connect to the internet? What do you need help with exactly?

Can you explain how you have it set up?  i.e. r1 is connected to a modem or router.

This would be very useful too, thanks Effin :)

As of right now. The DOCSIS has the wireless off. 

I currently have 2 laptops connected and 2 cell phones. Yet to have connected the PS3, PS4, Xbox360. The PS3, PS4 will be the only wired devices.

ok so you have the net working then see there is hope for you yet :P

ok next step is click device manager and make sure everything connected so far is correctly named ie not "unnamed device" 

if anything connect is... simple way of finding out what it is ... start watching a youtube video on one, hit the congestion control and see what color the graph is and match it to the unnamed device .... then go back to device manager hit edit at the top and label it the correct name

after this stage, connect the consoles one at a time these should auto name but if they dont doing it one at a time should ensure you know what one is what.,

next step when you need it :P

ok so you have the net working then see there is hope for you yet :P

ok next step is click device manager and make sure everything connected so far is correctly named ie not "unnamed device" 

if anything connect is... simple way of finding out what it is ... start watching a youtube video on one, hit the congestion control and see what color the graph is and match it to the unnamed device .... then go back to device manager hit edit at the top and label it the correct name

after this stage, connect the consoles one at a time these should auto name but if they dont doing it one at a time should ensure you know what one is what.,

next step when you need it :P

How do I name something? I hooked up PS3. It says unnamed device. Everything else is showing device signature.

Guest Netduma Fraser

How do I name something? I hooked up PS3. It says unnamed device. Everything else is showing device signature.

Click edit under device manager, find where its listed and click in the box and replace the name, it saves automatically :)

go onto the device manager , just below the title red button says edit click that , scroll down to list , whatever the unnamed device one is ( the ps3) click in the name box delete the unnamed device and type in ps3 hit return done and dusted

Guest Netduma Fraser

I think so. 

All looks alright. Just have no clue how to distribute the bandwidth. Which I'll be hogging out of the 50d 5u, the majority for teh Confederacy.

I slid it 35-35 for the 2 PS consoles.

35-35 sounds good, though its really up to you to experiment and find what works best for you :) keep share excess ticked though.

I just got a failed nat type for thee PS4?

Follow the instructions here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

I'm getting off now but if you have any other issues we have a great community that helps out. We'll be back tomorrow :)

I think so. 

All looks alright. Just have no clue how to distribute the bandwidth. Which I'll be hogging out of the 50d 5u, the majority for teh Confederacy.

I slid it 35-35 for the 2 PS consoles.

You inputted your bandwdth when you fired up the first time right?  if not go onto congestion control and hit set bandwidth.

after that with the bw you have id suggest ticking premeptive and move the up and down cap sliders to 70%  that way you will always have enough spare for stuff liek gaming and will handle any spikes if the family starts using the net

You inputted your bandwdth when you fired up the first time right?  if not go onto congestion control and hit set bandwidth.

after that with the bw you have id suggest ticking premeptive and move the up and down cap sliders to 70%  that way you will always have enough spare for stuff liek gaming and will handle any spikes if the family starts using the net

I don't see the WAN IP. Is that it in the browser address bar?

Archived