Newbee to VPN

i purchased a year Iain. My HMA pro says I am connected and shows my "new ISP location"

It has several tabs on a column on the left ,,,a check-mark in the upper right that is green and checked...it also says i am encrypted and anonymous. I'm pretty sure I have all that part of it right.

4ak4L31.png?1

Ndtzq3o.png?1

hope that works

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry mate but can you paste your entire log file here or private message me if you prefer.

Finally the only other times I've seen this issue with other customers is when they put the wrong user/password details. Because I believe HMA has two different ones make sure you're inputting the one you use to login into their website. 

Wait a second, failed to communicate with router. I haven't seen that error before, let me look into it for you. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just a quick question Ken, are you using the HMA Pro program downloaded on to your PC to activate the VPN on your PC and then trying to use the R1 VPN page as well?

If so dont use the program, disconnect from it and try just using the R1 VPN page with your details and location you want and seeing if it works then :) 

tomorrow yeah...this is interesting...i tried to log on to my modem/router from my ISP (centurylink) but could not....just searching for clues...then I turned off the HMA software and disconnected the VPN service and then I could...is that normal? That is probably the error code could not connect to router?

Archived