Newbee to VPN

Set up hidemyass as a VPN provider....set up R1 like in the help video. Clicked.....only bars for quite awhile....unclicked everything ....tried again....few seconds then...."connection to router failed" repeatedly tried..same. Am I missing something?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Set up hidemyass as a VPN provider....set up R1 like in the help video. Clicked.....only bars for quite awhile....unclicked everything ....tried again....few seconds then...."connection to router failed" repeatedly tried..same. Am I missing something?

Hey Ken thanks for making a new thread :) What version of the router are you on? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

OK...working now....try it later.... whoops on that second. 7

Okay let me know how it goes :) no problem ill delete it for you :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Haven't set up VPN /hide my ass what carriers do you recommend to do this.

You would have to buy a VPN subscription from hide my ass directly. If you wanted to use another VPN provider as long as they provide you with the config file youll be able to use it with the advanced section of the VPN settings. If you dont need a VPN then you dont need to worry about this :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Okay thanks I will Google Hide my ass

No problem. Let us know if theres any issues using your VPN subscription with the R1 VPN feature :)

Tried it Iain....didn't work....same thing..can't connect to router..as a bonus...then the r1 has No internet connection yay! I plugged my console into my modem...I want to play my game..not mess with routers. Later I fixed it but still cant seem to connect to the VPN..also some of my devices are not showimg up anywhere? I had to turn my VPN off? played awhile then tried again....now failed to connect?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Ken,

Lets get everything back to normal then try figure out VPN. Can you press reset button on "Settings > Misc", if you can't access the router you'll see a little hole on the front of the router. The face where the Ethernet ports are, its on the left side. If you push the button with a pin while its switched on it will reset it.

Once you've got connectivity back I'll help you with the VPN page. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

ok Iian...check it again tonight.....im working today.

Just bare in mind our support closes in just over 2h30mins, so if you don't catch us just post back in here with the results :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Ken,

Since you're on .7 do you ever see a log details at the bottom?

Remember with HMA you have to pay for the service. Then you type in the location and pick a server e.g. Dallas UDP. Then you put your username and password. This is the username/password you use to login into HMA website itself.

Can you try that please

Guest Netduma Fraser

this is what the log says:

afnet 19971232146443 failed try again in 5 s connection timed out

over and over

i did all that other stuff..dont get why its not working?

Iain is just in a meeting at the moment but ill grab him to look at this when he's out. To speed up the process can you take a screenshot of the entire VPN page please :)

the r1 is connected to a modem...that modem is also a router...do you think that may be blocking it with a firewall or maybe just screwing things up

No that wont be it :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I was home for lunch when I did that....not sure if I remember how to take a screen shot.... is it ctrl print screen?

Just press the printscreen button and paste into paint then save it :)

Hello,

I just received my netduma, and I need help with the VPN, I hope this is the right topic to ask this.

I registered a 1 month membership on hide my ass, entered my username and password on the vpn tab, picked a location, highlighted my pc, clicked enable... it connected succesfully. But when I check whatsmyip or similar sites, it tracks my real IP as usual, and IGN.com is redirecting to ign.hu as well (my actual location is budapest, hungary). So although the router says connected, somehow it doesnt actually work.

Im using 1.02.6 the latest non-beta firmware, tried unplugging the netduma and my modem, to no avail. The geo filter feature works flawlessly.

Do I have to fill in the advanced tab? I assume that would apply to non-hide-my-ass vpns.

Please help me resolve this!

Dragon

EDIT: I THINK IT'S WORKING NOW ! THE COMP I HIGHLIGHTED WAS NOT REALLY MY COMP! I HIGHLIGHTED THE CORRECT ONE (WAS AN UNNAMED DEVICE) AND IT NOW WORKS FLAWLESSLY. SO NEVER MIND I GUESS!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Ken, Can you upload the image to imgur, then put a link here.  Silly question I know but are you sure you've purchased a one month of hide my ass?

Dragon, Thanks for purchasing the router I'm glad its working well for you.

Archived